• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking my exhaust donuts might be out. What do you think?

i think backfiring is the sign of doughnuts failing.i have 4500 miles on my attak and it just recently started to bacfire slightly. never noticed any exhaust leak sound. that might be something different.

backfiring and exhaust noise under tunnel obvious signs for sure, also, your fuel consumption will decrease noticeably.

Just did my donuts and y pipes 4500 miles thank god there are stainless y pipes now for 100 each. I did not like the thought of paying 400 for the factory titainums

Dealer covered my 07 RTX this past fall. I had about 2800 miles on it at the time. Replaced both Y pipes with the stainles steel and all four doughnuts. All covered under warranty I was told. (I did not have any extended waranty.) My dealer told me Yamaha was fixing exhaust issues even if standard warrnaty was expired. I also have an excellent dealer. Worth taking it to yours and seeing if they'll do it under a special case warranty like mine.

Good luck.

when it gets loud at idle, the donuts are wearing. Change them now, and you might not have a cracked pipe. Only 2 hours of work and 30 bucks.

Back