• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of getting 2010 Vector

schroon

Pro
Website
www.pacific-custom.com
I think this was the first year Yamaha put injection on the Vector. Was there any issues with the change? Also I think this was the first year for the 1049 motor. How was that compared to the 973? My 06 gernaded, and don't know why.

You are correct. Also the '11 was the first year for E. P.S. (I think)
I have the 10 ,LTX it's a very nice trail package. No issues in 6500 miles except for a broken Y pipe.
I bought this sled as an experiment into the long track zone. It was a success I will never go back to a short track
The fi vector does everything an apex can do ( in most cases even better) Except top speed.
If you can search for an ltx.
That would be my $0.02

The only issues I'm aware of is if it's been exposed to salt/grime from open trailering, the fuel pump relay & starter relay are prone to corrosion.

The engine was already proven for two years in the FX NYTRO. It's got different cam profiles, and a less agressive fuel & timing curve in the Vector though.

I love my '10 LTX & my wife loves her '15 LTX.

The 1049 is an awesome engine that has gobs of power & as True Blue said, gives nothing up to the Apex until above 90 mph. And it get 16-18 mpg.

I have an '07 carbed 973 Vector also. The 973 has good power also, but the 1049 is a bit more responsive.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Yes I had a 2008 vector which was good and I traded in for the new 2010 FI which I still have
with over 11,000 miles. The motor is so much better all around from cold start up to better
performance. I changed plugs at just over 10,000 miles and they still looked good.

Thanks guys, I am partial to the short track. I have an Apex, nice sled, but liked my Vector better in the trails. For some reason it broke a rod, so I am going to off it. I thought as long as I was going to, I wanted to step up to the fuel injection, loved it on the Apex.

2012 is the first year EPS was made available.

Our 2010 Vector ltx has been flawless in 8k miles... I wish I knew they were coming out with EPS for 2011 we would of waited..

That's what I thought about the 06 with a 973. After a little research a no some feedback on here, I found a few others the the motor went just like mine. I think I will stick with the short track. As for the EPS, my sleds were very little effort to steer, so that's not a big deal to me. The injections is what I want this time around.

That's what I thought about the 06 with a 973. After a little research a no some feedback on here, I found a few others the the motor went just like mine. I think I will stick with the short track. As for the EPS, my sleds were very little effort to steer, so that's not a big deal to me. The injections is what I want this time around.

If you are going to buy a 2010 Vector don't forget to update the fuel pump relay to the solid state relay.

Where do you get that, or do you have the part number?

I think all the new ones from Yamaha are the new style.. ask Kevin at Port Yamaha

You guys are killing Me !!!!! I never did anything with the relays.... don't even know where they are for sure !! Guess I'll put that on my to do list.

Don't pass up an LTX, if you find one
( It's the Future, from the Past!!! )
Sweet,Sweet,Sweet.

You guys are killing Me !!!!! I never did anything with the relays.... don't even know where they are for sure !! Guess I'll put that on my to do list.

Don't pass up an LTX, if you find one
( It's the Future, from the Past!!! )
Sweet,Sweet,Sweet.

Search the forums for relay you will get the color wires for the right one..fuel pump one is the issue here.. They are on the left side were your knee is..drivers side so to speak.. port side for sailors

Back