• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of getting 2010 Vector

The 2010's are going for about 4.5K in my neck of the woods and worth every penny. There's a noticeable difference in throttle response between the carb'd and FI Vectors. The big gain is the first fall startup where the 2010 starts like you just shut it down 10 mins ago. I got the routine down on my '05 to get it primed so it's not such a big deal. Not sure who wins at the top end, my '05 has shown triple digits on the dream-o-meter and I've since not given a #*$&@ how fast my '10 goes. It does get to where I want it in a good hurry and reaches 8500 rpm with no complaints. I'll let you know how fast it goes once the kiddies get through college! Better yet - get one for yourself. You won't regret it.

You guys are killing Me !!!!! I never did anything with the relays.... don't even know where they are for sure !! Guess I'll put that on my to do list.

Don't pass up an LTX, if you find one
( It's the Future, from the Past!!! )
Sweet,Sweet,Sweet.
The relay can be a problem in the very cold - as in up north in Ontario - PA can't get cold enough. We had a trip up around Cochrane and Kap (northern Ontario) where every morning the temp was -25 F. Every morning we had to get the hair dryers pointed at the fuel solenoid. We went sold state - no more issues.
The Apex and now Vector, both LTX, love the ride. But then I saddle bag a week long trip every year (for about the last 17), and the LTX carries my bag and beverages well. We once did a 300 mile day - LTX was the only way that happened..

You can not go wrong with the 1049 Vector!! Starter is the only real problem i have had in over 8000 miles. Have the shorty but i wish i had a ltx like my wifes.

Those shorty's are quick ! I mostly ride my LTX but I had to run some old gas out of the shorty so I took it for a day. Three times I spanked my brothers 2015 Shitdoo 1200 Renegade. He kept calling it a fluke ! Ha ha ... They are some of the best trail sleds made !

Vector Shorty.jpg
This is the only time he was out front ! He had to take a break from getting his butt whooped !

2010 our group was 5 Ski Doo 600 SDI, and 1 Yamaha Venture. After popping my 2nd piston in 3 years on the SDI, just south of the Abitibi Canyon, I finished the trip on the 2010 Apex. The next year another Ski Doo piston, the year after another. 2012 we were 4 Yamaha and 1 Ski Doo, and the last Ski Doo went to the Viper this past season. (Our original Yamaha advocate passed away.) Since switching, the only issue has been the fuel relay which is now fixed. Is there a perfect trouble free sled, no, but not worrying about if you will be stuck in no man's land is a nice change.

On the 2010 trip came home, said Happy Valentines day honey. She asked if I had painted it and why, her face was priceless when I said , no bought a new one, and thanks. (She paid me back, for my birthday she bought a new car.)
My first Yamaha was a 1973 motorcycle, and Yamaha was the only one using cap screws instead of Philips, way back then.
Just finishing a major servicing. Had the front swing arm powder coated to see if it stands up better.20170504_183138.jpg

Well, I sold the 2010 Vector last fall and picked up a 600 2-smoke. Still have a 2012 Vector and it starts just like the 2010 in the fall - like you shut it off 10 mins ago.

Back