• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of Purchasing an Attak ... any suggestions?

Have 2007 and transfer is great!! I keep my skis on the ground. Others like to adjust for wheelies & is very easy adjustment. What is ist that you want to do?

Weight transfer is awesome.

The models from 06-08 are basically the same. The 06 model had some issues with heat to handwarmers and Yamaha offered a replacement set of bars at the beginning of the 07 season. Other than that, they are pretty much the same sled.

'08 have a BEEFED-UP front pivot arm in rear suspension, revised chaincase cover, NON LEAKING grease zerk's and added centre support for exhaust, "GT" got a re-valved & re-calibrated suspension shock...everything else is the same as '06 & '07...their all great sleds.

how's your suspension set, can't get mine to transfer. i ran mine without the transfer rod all last season. and this year i'm running a cobra track.

Don't know what is holding your front end down without transfer rod. Suggest you hit the throttle harder & you will wheelie. That is transfer. Track type not going to change transfer just hook up.

RIKMAN said:
how's your suspension set, can't get mine to transfer. i ran mine without the transfer rod all last season. and this year i'm running a cobra track.

WOW, your running without a transfer rod! you should have TONS of transfer! what hole is your limiter strap set at? it might be too soft/weak of MONO spring setting, I changed my spring to a 6.5 and re-valved shock and noticed a big difference in handling I weigh 230 suited, I set my spring to 4 and "C" clip to lowest position and rebound to 4 soft, limiter strap at the middle hole, transfer rod to STOCK setting and getting plenty of transfer, skis will lift 2" to 4" when I launch her hard, I bought a set of CLICKER front shocks and got them shimmed/shortened by STAR SUSPENSION in Coaticook by Robert Verroneau the best in the biz he said this makes a ton of difference in handling here's a pic of my front end set-up my A-arms are almost parallel...LET IT SNOW!!!

apltx08 said:
RIKMAN said:

WOW, your running without a transfer rod! you should have TONS of transfer! what hole is your limiter strap set at? it might be too soft/weak of MONO spring setting, I changed my spring to a 6.5 and re-valved shock and noticed a big difference in handling I weigh 230 suited, I set my spring to 4 and "C" clip to lowest position and rebound to 4 soft, limiter strap at the middle hole, transfer rod to STOCK setting and getting plenty of transfer, skis will lift 2" to 4" when I launch her hard, I bought a set of CLICKER front shocks and got them shimmed/shortened by STAR SUSPENSION in Coaticook by Robert Verroneau the best in the biz he said this makes a ton of difference in handling here's a pic of my front end set-up my A-arms are almost parallel...LET IT SNOW!!!

just got my floats back from star-suspension, hope it will handle better in corners. my limiter strap is set at 2nd hole, cranked my mono spring a little,get about 4'' of ski lift without rod..
im trying the new cobra track this season, hoping for better hole shot..
is your attak a gt with elect. ohlins shock?and what's the 'C' clip?

C-clip is this on the end of the mono shock shock and you either need a combo of bearing compressor and spring compressor to move it, or have a dealer do it. It essentially will make the largest adjustment in your spring rate for your riding. If riding hard, clip pos. 3, if smooth, then pos.1

Cobra will give you awsome holeshot!

RIKMAN said:
just got my floats back from star-suspension, hope it will handle better in corners. my limiter strap is set at 2nd hole, cranked my mono spring a little,get about 4'' of ski lift without rod..
im trying the new cobra track this season, hoping for better hole shot..
is your attak a gt with elect. ohlins shock?and what's the 'C' clip?

With the transfer you have, the track change, and higher C.G. from the increased spring, cornering will be more difficult. Unless you don't touch the flipper untill your pointed in the right direction. Couldn't stand riding my Apex with full transfer, all it did was pull the skis up. Different, strokes for different folks! ;)!

Back