• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

this has been beat to death but...

steve 05 RX-1 said:
BURMAD69 said:
Oh whatever you do dont reach your cold hand around the back of your sled to warm it up on the exhaust comming out of the sled going down the trail.It will melt your glove so fast that by the time you feel heat your glove will be completly melted together.Dont ask how i know.LOL

yup - did that melted the fingers together

kkraus said:
Take off the bar pad, unplug the grip wires, cut the plugs off, wire the two wires from each grip to the two wires coming out of the center of the handle bars, solder and tape your connections, this is how you wire them in parallel vs series they are wired from the factory. Start sled, set grips at 2 bars on the gauge on your speedo and feel the heat! It doesn't get any easier than that!

kkraus...one question. Does this effect the electrical system at all? What happens if you crank it up beyond 2 or 3? Will the gauge wire support the current it's throwing out? I have an 01 SRX and an 05 RX-1 and both seem to get piping hot but I have never ridden in REALLY cold weather and will be this weekend. Just curious in case I ever get a Yami that has this problem.
Sounds like a great fix...but how did you stumble into this fix?

Thanks

I'm glad it worked for you STAIN. I was riding in -25 degrees Saturday night, I had them over halfway, It was like holding on to two curling irons :) The wires can handle the current, the grips are still fused so if something would melt (which I highly doubt) you would blow a fuse. SNOWDOG I was reading up on the Apex forum and they were all rewiring there old 06 bars. I was tired of cold hands on my Warrior so I tried it. I wish I would have done this 3 seasons ago! None of them reported having any problems with their electrical systems so far.

I just rewired my 03 RX1 grips and put them on high because it was 8 below. In about 200 feet my motor quit like you turned off the key or hit the kill switch. I blew something but I haven't figured out what yet. What should I check first.

Scott

10 amp ignition fuse--the same thing happened to me, Apperently with this mod you cannot run your handwarmers on max---not that you need it. I have been running mine on 1--4 or 0r off. Just remind people if they ride your sled.

I've rode Arctic Cat for 20 yrs and switched to Yamaha in 2005 and the handwarmers on the RX-1 & Vector are both better than the ones I ever had on a Cat. I can only ride so long with them on high before I have to turn them down to halfway. Just wondering if this was a problem since brand new, or if it developed after time? Either way I will have to pay attention to what your remedies are incase mine ever fail.

I have a set of 06 bars and a riser that are set up for a rx1 or warrior. I quess any old style sled for that matter. They are now for sale. $70 shipped to the lower 48. They are set up for series or paralel which ever you want to run them on. Direct bolt on, put on your controls plug them in and ride. As for the cat bars not working, if you wire them in to a yamaha they work just fine. I'll have pics of that mod coming soon.

I thought about trying this but my 05 seems to be fine as far as throwing out heat. Just got back from a trip and it was pretty cold the first few nights.
If I am putting yeah they seem a little cold...But once I hit some straights or start ripping, they are piping hot. I think I will leave them alone for now. I don't like that it may be blowing a fuse due to it.
kkraus...have you run your above 5? And did it pop a fuse? When you rewire them are they piping hot at idle?

03griz, please explain--give pictures/diagrams. Mine will pop a fuse if turned all the way up , which dosen't bother me but if some else gets on it it might mean trouble

My hands are finally hot!! So much that they melted my cheap Castle X gloves. I'll wear leather next time. I brought 5 fuses with me. I now have only 3. I better bring some more (my 03 always goes to max when I start it up). Thanks again for the tip!!

Scott

Back