• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

This seems fishy...Anybody recognize these sleds?

5280ft

Veteran
This sled package just showed up in the Denver area. All for $3,000. We usually don't see studded up sleds around here, plus with all the extra's, and just seems waaayyyy to good a deal. Additionally they have state stickers on the windshields, but I can't amke them out.
04 Warrior, 01 MXZ800, and 12' Enclosed Triton for $3,000....needs immediate sale...? I think someone (the owner) is probably looking for these sleds.
See the link:
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/243694950.html

Awesome! I'm glad people are actually watching here. I emailed him too...just to see what the story is and find his location. Might be worth sending the authorities over. On the other-hand, it may just be some sort of scam like you said...seems there have been a lot lately on CL.

Yup typical ebay type scam here is the reply

Hello,
As the seller, I would like to take a moment to thank you for your interest in my snowmobiles. I know that you have many choices out there and I appreciate your interest. I hope you are serious in your intention for buying. Don`t take it personally, but I am tired with people who offer to buy my items and in the end they turn out to be scammers. Anyway, the snowmobiles are still available and I guess you could be their new owner if everything turns out all right and you are serious about buying. The snowmobiles look and run exactly as new. The titles are clean, and you will receive 'em along with them, so you will have no problems whatsoever registering it there.
2004 Yamaha Warrior Rx-1 with Electric Start and Reverse with a chrome-alloy front end. I have installed a M-10 suspension. The track is studded. Installed rebuildable Fox clicker shocks. Extra cooling has been installed on vehicle. This snowmobile is in excellent condition and has been made lighter by 25 lbs. has approx 1300 miles.2001 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 with electric start and reverse. has M-10 suspension and simmons skis. track is studded. Extra cooling has been added. vehicle has custom trim. has approx 3000 miles. 12 FT Enclosed Triton trailer. The trailer was bought to fit the Yamaha warrior. The trailer was used only twice. It is like new. Both these snowmobiles were driven only by my wife and I. We are in our late 50's. These sleds were stored in a heated garage when not in use, and are kept in excellent condition.
Here are some pics of my snowmobiles:
http://usera.imagecave.com/NigelMann/Snowmobiles/
I am located in Zagreb, Croatia. I moved here 5 months ago, brought them with me, but now I have to sell 'em back in the States because I can`t register 'em here, They have US specs and everything, and registering it here in Europe will take for ever. My final price on this is US 3,000$. I know it seems a little low, but I will be quite happy to get rid of 'em, believe me, the snowmobiles sit useless in my garage. If you will take 'em for this price, I am willing to pay for shipping and insurance to your location. I only want this transaction done through Ebay's safe purchase program. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include your full name and address so I can start the deal with eBay.

Nigel Mann
Via Ekaterina St. 750
Zagreb
Zip: 54011
Croatia

yeah my little brother 3 years ago who was 16 at the time bought a 2003 raptor 660 for 2000$ and the guy said "its at my brothers house in texas and ill have him ship it to you once i confirm the money" and so he sent $2200 to the netherlands through western union because he believed the guy, never to see the money again...

Hopefully someone will notice that the sleds are registered in MI, for sale in CO, and the seller is in Croatia!
I think this is worse than the mint '06 Attak I seen on ebay for $2000.

Pics of the sleds seem a little odd. Even if this person is just trying to get rid of these sleds to move on with his new life $3000.00 is just too cheap for this package. If they are stolen I hope the real owner finds them.

LOL I hate thieve's and scammers! We've had alot of street bikes stolen lately but talking about eBay scams I e-mailed a guy about an R1 which you could clearly tell from the pics that it was modified, under tail exhaust (02' R1) Vortex rearsets with reversed shift pattern, flush blinkers, the works. Well this bozo said the same thing about leaving the country and blah blah blah. Well the real kicker was the statment about the bike being (his words) Bone Stock, I haven't done a thing to it since I bought from the dealer. LMAO

Damn Thieves!!!!!!!

yes it is a fraud!!!

A couple years ago I just about got took on ebay by this same name Nigel Mann. He was selling a Kawasaki Meanstreak motorcycle. Same type story the bike was in Texas and he was in France. Don't get hosed out of money because you will never get these sleds.

Back