• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle Cable Adjustment - MUST DO!

stingray719

TY 4 Stroke God
Seems the Viper throttle cable adjustment is a bit touchy. If you have had the flash done I would suggest checking your cable adjustment if you have any strange issues after the flash, as the flash does alter some TPS settings.

Could this be related to the p0508 code I posted about earler

My 2015 ran like trash, with some help from this site it now runs perfect, after a throttle cable adjustment!

Im guessing that's my issue. If i keep my thumb of the throttle when cruising to a stop it doesn't stall. This past weekend i did have it stall a couple of times when just "puttsing around". Any advice or instructions on doing the actual adjustment?

Here is a copy of the 2015 dealer prep instructions for adjusting the throttle cable. Might be useful to someone.
TLA.JPG

Thanks, I will check mine next time. Too bad we all have to deal with this. Seems lik it should be an instruction to the dealer when they do the reflash.

Both our 2014's after the flash were fine, but I always adjust any Yamaha I get right away. Even the 1981 Enticer in my sig had this issue so its not new.

Back