• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle Cable removal

MJones907

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex 40th Anniversary
Hello I’ve never removed a throttle cable from its place and I was wondering how I would be able to take it out of the housing next to the thumb level. I don’t want to just yank it out of there... any specific way I can get it out? Thank you

Hello I’ve never removed a throttle cable from its place and I was wondering how I would be able to take it out of the housing next to the thumb level. I don’t want to just yank it out of there... any specific way I can get it out? Thank you

Hate to say this but it takes some yanking. I push the throttle WO, then grab the cable with a needle nose close to the main housing, close the throttle while holding the cable, take another pair of needle nose and grab the loop from the thumb warmer side and yank. Once it removed from the thumb throttle flapper, then you grab the cable on the opposite side and YANK it out..

some have a screw to help hold it in the block at the flipper that needs to be removed as well. usually the older ones.

10-4. never had to replace a cable on an older apex yet.

Back