• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Throttle cable to short

bjerrang

Extreme
Got a mtx with a RSI bar. No matter how much i reroute my cable i get tors warning at full deflection.
Found the powermad 10" extension , but its a bit to long. Isnt there a yami cable from another model that is a abit longer ?

How much taller are the bars?

When I added my Lake Effects riser I was about to just adjust the cable to make it a bit longer.

There is no way to route the cable better. Only solution is lower handlebar or longer cable. Im on to something with another 4stroke cable , but i must modify the connection to the carbs.

Did you reroute it under the bars. Just did a 2” and I removed the cable completely from the rest of the harness. Went under the bars and seems fine. I actually think it was a 2.5” riser.

Rox anti-vibration one.

There is an adjester in the cable where it come up the steering column; it’s under a rubber cover. I remember my cable having a lot of additional length in that adjester. My riser was 2.5”.

There is an adjester in the cable where it come up the steering column; it’s under a rubber cover. I remember my cable having a lot of additional length in that adjester. My riser was 2.5”.
The adjuster is to adjust throttle play. But the rx1 mtn cable fits. Only needed to add 2.5cm to the wire connection to the carbs

Did you reroute it under the bars. Just did a 2” and I removed the cable completely from the rest of the harness. Went under the bars and seems fine. I actually think it was a 2.5” riser.

Rox anti-vibration one.

I have dont this many many times when I thought it would not work it did. The key is to make sure there is slack in the cable at the throttle body's when full turned or it will set off the TORS.

Back