• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

throttle pull

maim

Staff member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 apex xtx
2011 apex xtx
2009 phaser rtx/x
1997 et410t/r
1988 vk 540
:yam: ok youll have to forgive me a little but this is buggin me. i usually end up borrowin my uncles 1992 big bear during hunting season. usually about less than 1hr into the run my throttle hand starts goin numb. it happens on sled and bike too just not as fast. any way i ended up borrowin his buddys kawasaki and it took almost three times as long to start goin numb :eek: . the kawasaki has a lighter throttle pull than the bear it feels like. is it possible to get a lighter throttle return spring ? or does the unlocking front axle on the newer quads help with this? :? :?

A little off topic but I saw a thumb throttle extension in the Royal Distributing catalog that gives you more leverage and allows you to use the palm of your hand to operate the throttle too. I think you'll find most of the return springs are built into the throttle shaft on the carb itself, making alterations very diffcult.

www.royaldistributing.com

http://www.royaldistributing.com/servle ... _04_A.html

throttle

thanks for the tips. :Rockon: i think it might be the lever position the bike and sled i can keep my wrist straight while riding. the bear i need to keep it cocked whitch applys more pressure to it. had this same problem with yellow fever snowmobile throttle position.

Back