• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

thumb screws

missing parts?

• not needed with clip pins

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • should have

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spin1

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 yamaha viper r tx le 2016 yamaha viper l tx dx
Just picked up 2016 viper, wondering if both side covers should have thumb screws along with clip pins to hold them on.There are holes in the plastic for them. Only one side had a screw clip but no thumb screw on either side. Owner manual called for removing thumb screw securing access panel to front fascia. Thanks

My thumbscrew fell out sometime. Never replaced it and no issues. If always riding powder a guy would want it and much more sealing of engine compartment. But for trail riding and the little bit of off trail and ditches I do it has not been a issue.

As far as I remember, all the sr vipers only have the left side thumb screw installed coming from the factory.

2016's don't come with the Thumb Screw.

thanks all

I wonder if that thumb screw would work on the seat. I should have checked before I bought the billet one that I don't use anymore since I got my new tunnel pack.

Did a parts check on various models, looks like the Ltx and Rtx are the units that do not have the thump screws. Quick search shows all others have it .

My 16 LTX LE did not come with itand you dont need it, I took mine off my 14 and had no problems even at high speeds at the track.

Back