• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timing problem, won't idle and plugs fouled

Goathier

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex 2006
We took the head out of the Apex 2006, when the head was off I spin the crank a couple of times and cleaned the top of the piston.

Then after reinstaller it kinda started but was very weird and shut off then only sputter.

From what I can see, the only sensor that tell the ECU where the engine is at is the Crank sensor.

So my question is, is it possible that the crank is 360 degree off ? (Or in simpler term, the cam 180 degree off) so that the fuel is injected at the exhaust stroke and not the compression ? How does it know when you inject fuel?

The timing is perfectly on the dots and on the line, that's not the issue we tripple checked it !

That's how it sound, very rough and idle for a very short time. Both dot on the camshaft are just slitly on the front side of the engine when the crank is aligned on the T-mark

Edit: also the engine stop very fast like you can see

I think it is the cam ID sensor that tells it when to inject fuel.

Back