• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

? to fellow 05 rx-1 owners

blue05rx1

Veteran
Hey everyone,
I've had my new sled now for about a week and noticed a few things missing. On my tool kit box, there are supposed to be 2 bolts that bolt to the frame, well I only have one, and the box is kind of loose. That's no big deal, but I know that is a mistake. But what Im really wondering is from those of you that have picked up your rx-1's, I only have 3 bogey wheels at the back of the track, rear end of the sled. I have 2 on the outside, but only only one on the inside. I'm not sure if it's only supposed to have 3, or if Yamaha forgot another part. It seems out of balance, and the spot is open right there between the track clips. So Im curious what all of your sleds have on them?
Thanks
Jim

I didn't order one but there are only 3 bogey wheels. If one was missing there would be a space between the sleeve and the sleeve would be loose. You can get a 4th wheel kit from Yamaha, but I wouldn't bother unless you plan on putting 196 studs and you do a lot of hard cornering.

Ok Musky Hunter, you got me! Just don't tell the wife, she wonders what this forum is all about. Especially being there isn't any snow right now.

Suisse Sledder, I believe he is referring to the rear axle only having three idler wheels. What is strange, and I will have to search for the post, but I am almost postive that someone on here posted that their new 05 RX-1 had four rear idler wheels. Maybe that was only on the RS model???

RobX-1 said:
Suisse Sledder, I believe he is referring to the rear axle only having three idler wheels. What is strange, and I will have to search for the post, but I am almost postive that someone on here posted that their new 05 RX-1 had four rear idler wheels. Maybe that was only on the RS model???

That's correct RobX-1, I apologize if I got my terminology wrong. I am referring to the rear axle only having 3 idler wheels.

Dukester said:
Our group has 2 black ones in and 3 red ones. All the black have 4 and the red have 3. Dukesters son Eric

That would make sense being the Black one's are faster and need a 4th wheel :D

Blueo5RX-1,
Dont sweat the screw missing on the tool kit , thats not something Yamaha forgot. The dealership has to remove the tool kit to put the front bumper on and the dealership owes you a apoligy as well as the screw.
I would advise you to give the sled a good nut and bolt check , bumpers,windshield ,airbox, anything that has to be dealer preped. Alot of dealerships hire high school kids to do sled assembly to save a buck.
:(

Back