• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Took the yamadoo out for a spin, and finally took some pics

Ski-Dooin' it

Expert
Snow was half decent, kidna hard underneath with about 8" of super fluffy stuff on top. Got out and rode with my dad all day, stopped, had a fire and roasted some hotdogs for lunch. The vids are a little shakey as my dad just got the camera for christmas and is learning what works and what doesnt, and hes sorta anti-technology:D hope you guys enjoy. the hotrod is ripping, just needs a better track to put the power to the ground. and some fine tuning wouldnt hurt, im just enjoying riding right now!i got some more vids but have things to do, so will post em later

CIMG0018.jpg

CIMG0019.jpg

CIMG0020.jpg

CIMG0021.jpg

CIMG0022.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

CIMG0025.jpg

CIMG0026.jpg

CIMG0027.jpg

CIMG0028.jpg

Nice pics. What kind of a project was that engine transplant? What clutches? Anyone put a nytro motor in a new style doo xp? That would be my dream sled, in a gade.

The whole write up is on snowest. It was not TO bad, considering my primary tool was a sawzall. The RT chassis ski-doo has a slightly larger bulkhead then a rev, so it fit in pretty well. I have the jackshaft replined to run the yami clutch, so im yami secondary and primary, then doo from there on out. clutching is spot on so far, put on a new track this afternoon, so we will see how she goes iwth more power and now the traction to use it!!

at 19 im really excited to get this thing out and rip around on it, fun to stop and talk to people and tell em I built the whole thing.

You have done a fantastic job on the heart transplant, I love the sound of your sled. You gotta love boost for the rest of your life, there's no turning back now LOL :)

Great build and great vids. You have a beautiful scenery as well, what altitude were the pics shot at. Did the AC get hurt kissing the tree?

Happy riding

runnin from 4500-7000 here and when im at college, from 7-10,000. And yeah, the boost is addictive, its very forgiving when playin in the trees as there seems to always be more power!!!

my dads sled was fine, it just lifted the ski up and stopped it, hit it kinda slow, just wheelied into it going up a trail in the woods.

I still need to jet down one more size as im around 10.5 for AFR wide open right now, and thats with my homemade pitot system cracked WAY open, so I will do that when i go home from school, got lots of free jets there. The tunnel dump is really nice, its kinda loud on the trail before the boost comes on, gonna be an earplug sled.

Should have some more vids later this week, and if the snow is safe, its gonna be a BIG pull that theres no turning back when you get near the top!! should be a blast.

Back