• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top end numbers

Its way too early for that....

being geared down compared to the rx-1.. it should top out around 115... but srxspec would have to run the equations for that to know for sure..

Keith woods ran 121.8 at brainerd with his apex at 10.45 et does this help?? It will be a while till ice forms for some real world top speeds. ;)!

At the Yamaha preview show in Watertown N.Y. back in late march 05,Matt (nice guy ;)! )from Yamaha(not a dealer rep) told me that at Inlet N.Y. the day before they had one on radar,no studs,somewhat warm 33-34+ temps,117-118mph :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: with track spin on icy/crusty hardpack lake top.Other RXs there were over heating(no snow for cooling) but not the Apex.I wanted to go but couldn`t.
:flag: :Rockon: :flag: :Rockon: :flag: :Rockon: :flag: :Rockon:

My RX1 radared at 114. I'll be quite surprised that a sled that puts another 8 hp to the track, and revs higher won't crack 120 on good conditions.

Magic, Yup, there's gotta be something wrong with it. 120 is the number to shoot for. Guess I'll be contacting Spec.

;)!

Stock for stock the Apex will be a few mph faster. Ran a '03 RX stock against an Apex late last season. Low, midrange, and top end the Apex was faster. 124 on the dream-o-meter.

If the apex is to run 120 radared it had beter be reading 134-135 speedo,yammi did nothing to calibrate there pick up sensor,and in fact the jap rep we had last april on our demo rides stated that yammi was happy with the speedo readings,wonder why? I mentioned about grinding off one of the lobes to calibrate it closer,and he said it works,but they dont recomend it,and i gpsed there demos and speedo was off the same as my 03.. :moon:

The ripsaw track is not known for great top end speed! Takes allot to run over 115 mph on radar and I don’t think it will happen with the Ripsaw track. Many of the other OEMs use the ripsaw track for an upgrade, but found a good lose in top end speed. A good 5-10 mph in some cases. The pluses of the ripsaw far outweigh the minuses so I will keep the ripsaw for all around use and I might try a speed track for radar runs.
It really peeves me off that yamaha won’t calibrate a working speedometer on such a sophisticated machine. Guess I’ll keep the GPS plumbed in!

Dan

Dano said:
The ripsaw track is not known for great top end speed!

Not to pick an arguement, but the Apex is faster with a ripsaw than the '03 RX with its crappy track. So if you put a ripsaw on an '03 it would slow it down even more, making the Apex look even better.

With my 2004 Warrior 115.8 mph the only time on radar.This with less than 1000 miles.Two other 04 Warriors were slower than mine until they reached 1500 and then 2000 miles.Then their radar speed went up a little to 116-118 mph and one was able to add 3-4 more mph when the windshield was removed for a lower one.
The Apex gains SOME speed from the lower windshield.

I'm looking to gain a little top end this year. I asked a good sled buddy about how he thought I could reduce sled weight and he said to lay off the extra plates at the buffet. :D

Back