• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top speed issue.

Jimmy mtx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha viper mtx 153
Need help!! I'm running 2016 mtx 153 in this years Cains Quest snowmobile endurance race and my sled only goes 113 kms. I changed the gearing to 24-50 which was the same as the xtx. Played with the helix spring tension but still the same speed. Running at 8200 rpm. Need help. Was thinking I'd get around 130-135 kms which would be fast enough were this is a 3600 km endurance race over one week. So was thinking by doing this I could do 90-100 kms at at lower rpm to help on gas as well with little more speed if I need it. So how do I get her at that speed HELP. Please

u need to install an xtx driver to get speed out of sled but it will also put your speedo out as well I have tried a lot of different gearing with little change

Need help!! I'm running 2016 mtx 153 in this years Cains Quest snowmobile endurance race and my sled only goes 113 kms. I changed the gearing to 24-50 which was the same as the xtx. Played with the helix spring tension but still the same speed. Running at 8200 rpm. Need help. Was thinking I'd get around 130-135 kms which would be fast enough were this is a 3600 km endurance race over one week. So was thinking by doing this I could do 90-100 kms at at lower rpm to help on gas as well with little more speed if I need it. So how do I get her at that speed HELP. Please

Look in Viper FAQ and look at COTC, that will give you the clutching you need for varying conditions.

Back