• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Towing

SoMNbeltburner

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Sidewinder LTX LE
Anyone ever use Their sidewind to tow one of these?

Attachments

• 5841EF57-62C1-4EF9-82F2-84CA76801B79.jpeg
    5841EF57-62C1-4EF9-82F2-84CA76801B79.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 100

thats a good price around here. what do you want to know exactly?

I have towed that exact sled with an APEX and a Venture GT with out over heating issue. IT is NOT much of a load and as long as you have good snow dust for cooling I would assume you will be fine, certainly plenty of power and traction. Others can chime in on prolonged slow speeds and cooling of a sidewinder specifically. I have the bumper hitch on the Apex and it worked fine for 2-3 little kids.

The sled we pulled it with has the optional square tube bumper from yamaha/cat and has the pivoting hitch. Zero issues for the sled. However my kids got a bit sick in it with the motion. the short "wheelbase" pitches it into every rut (think roller-coaster). May not be an issue where you ride, but my kids could not last 6H of easy driving in there, more like 2H before they were done.

SMA-8LN79-00-00 OEM Pivit Hitch need to drill into rear bumper. I use for ice fishing. I tow plenty people in ice fishing sleds... not a problem.. it love it!!
However if you have young kids in there you might want to investigate a real tow bar that expands and contracts. Checkout tow bars from Clam or Eskimo (ice fishing shelters).

SMA-8LN79-00-00 OEM Pivit Hitch need to drill into rear bumper. I use for ice fishing. I tow plenty people in ice fishing sleds... not a problem.. it love it!!
However if you have young kids in there you might want to investigate a real tow bar that expands and contracts. Checkout tow bars from Clam or Eskimo (ice fishing shelters).
Thank you

I'm sure any snowmobile could be used to tow one of those pods(with mods). A question I would have though, are they well ventilated? Seems to me it would be in the exhaust stream of the engine so CO build up might be a concern, also CO2 build up as well from the passengers breath.

No CO issues when I was towing with the Apex rear exhaust so Sidewinder shouldn't be an issue. I though about it once cause 20 minutes down the trail at -20C my 3 kids where sleeping. I stopped to make sure they where breathing. lol

Don't need to drills holes! Just get this one. At the same time a friend was towing his snow coach behind his suzuki turbo procross and was using this one no problem.
SMA-8JP79-00-00

edbbae79-bfb9-403b-9cec-b4762802b20e

Back