• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track adjustments

XTX Kory

Veteran
I think the track on my 09 XtX has gotten too loose. I would like to tighten it up some but have never done this, can some one please give me a brief how to explanation. I would really appreciate it I am trying to do this mantainance stuff myself! Thanks

Loosen the bolts on your back wheels then tighten the two adjust ment bolts through your track windows. (same # of turns on each bolt) Shouldn't take much to tighten the track. Start the sled and run the track to make sure track is even on both sides and then tighten up the wheels and you are good to go.

lift the back of the sled off the ground. Look thru the track windows by the rear axle. u will see a nut on each side of the sled thru the widows, these are the adjusting nuts. Its a 14mm. loosen the axle, 17mm bolthead 19mm nut, a few turns. Then get a 20 lb wieght and put it on the track in the middle and measure the sag of the track. i think the spec is a little over 1 inch of sag. tighten both adjusting nuts the same amount of turns to keep the axle strait till u have the sag within spec. look in your manual for the spec i have a rtx so dont know if the xtx is different

raginyamaha said:
lift the back of the sled off the ground. Look thru the track windows by the rear axle. u will see a nut on each side of the sled thru the widows, these are the adjusting nuts. Its a 14mm. loosen the axle, 17mm bolthead 19mm nut, a few turns. Then get a 20 lb wieght and put it on the track in the middle and measure the sag of the track. i think the spec is a little over 1 inch of sag. tighten both adjusting nuts the same amount of turns to keep the axle strait till u have the sag within spec. look in your manual for the spec i have a rtx so dont know if the xtx is different

I believe the XTX is 1" sag with 10lbs down force.

Thanks alot guys will try it tonight! If the track is a little loose will it can it hurt anything? Just ordered new hyfaxs today and was thinking of doing both jobs at once, but great snow here so will want to ride while waiting for the hyfaxs! Thanks again!!

Back