• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Clips

tpayner19

Veteran
Does anyone know what track clips are needed for a Camoplast Ice Ripper XT? I can't find anything online.

Thanks.

Todd Payne

Google "Camoplast Ice Ripper XT track clips" and you should be able to contact a dealer who has these track clips.

Spendy

How will you attach the clips to the track , have had bad luck with the manual clip tool with socket end , matter of fact just chucked it in the garbage , we found the tool that worked the best was the Air Clamp or the Bolt Cutter Style but they are spendy.

I gave up on reclipping and bite the bullet and replace the track , loose clips could take out a heat exchanger , Ice Rippers are also big money "Good Luck"

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 515
  • TrackClipToolUpcloseWeb.jpg
    TrackClipToolUpcloseWeb.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 110
I agree. I have re-clipped tracks before. If you don't have the tool, you'll have to buy one. The first one pictured is expensive and it breaks. The threads strip. Took it back and got it replaced. Broke again. Fed up, we had someone replicate it for us made stronger. Now it wont fit the new style tracks because the new window styles are narrower. Money wasted when you can just buy a new track and be done with it.

My opinion, if you need a couple clips then re-clip it. If you need a dozen or more, replace the track. If you do re-clip, make sure you get them on tight or they will come off and cause carnage.

The vise type it its not the more exspensive type doesn't like air tools and states that on the label. Been there done that.

Here's a tool I made, that uses a cordless drill to run down the clips. It's fast and easy.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 89

Back