• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track damage

50mile

anyone experience track.and or lug damage from ice build up in tunnel?or early track failure?

I would say no but how would you know unless you ran with obvious build up, which I wouldn't/don't do. What do you consider to be early track failure? I have 16000kms on my MP which is way worse for icing than my VK(with exhaust turnout).

anyone experience track.and or lug damage from ice build up in tunnel?or early track failure?
Yes daily, if you don't chip it out several times a day it takes out the outside lugs

I would say no but how would you know unless you ran with obvious build up, which I wouldn't/don't do. What do you consider to be early track failure? I have 16000kms on my MP which is way worse for icing than my VK(with exhaust turnout).
8000 miles...outer lugs torn away and track ripped,,yes obvious ice buildup.can not imagine stopping every 10 miles or so to clear ice from tunnel.yes my venture lite was way worse,got rid of it for that reason.you see much improvement with the exhaust turnout?

I can't say about improvement with the turnout because I had it done from new. I clear it out in the morning and never do any ice clearing during the day. Lots of 50 to 75 miles day without enough ice to bother about.

Yes... I do not have exhaust kit thru the seat yet but I too have come to know only too well the effect of leaving ice in the tunnel left unchecked. Misaligns the drive sprockets if a big enough chunk goes through I believe. Stopped my track dead once. And yes the track I also believe takes a beating somehow when this happens. So yea... great machine otherwise. I'm a little disappointed Yamaha hasn't addressed this.

Back