• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track opinions

Racegun

Veteran
I need to replace a track and drivers on an 03 RX-1, boosted with MPI light weight tunnel and drop and roll; it currently has a 162 X 16 2.50 3" pitch. What are your opinions for track and driver (brand, teeth and pitch) options ?

73 views and 0, squat, nada, nothing... I'm starting to question this #$%&* site???????

Try posting in the RX nountain side, guy,s might have more experience in what your looking for ;)!

I have a boosted rx1 mountian too.

I currently have an 162x15x2.25 3" pitch track.

And I found this track to be adequate for stock level horsepower... but with supercharger.... its just... too soft of a track.

I will probably change it for a 162" powderclaw OR a 162" challenger extreme 2.5"

Insult a guys momma and you get a response... LOL
Thanks guys this is what I was looking for. I have the MPI tunnel and I am not sure it was meant to have a 16 wide in it, but that's what is in it, it look awful tight and possible was the cause of the damage to to the track. I'm not seeing any rivets that are hitting it, but under power it may be making contact. It has 8t drivers that are shot, is there any benefit to switching to the 7t?

Racegun, go to Avid Products web site , it will give you a break down on the pro's & con's of switching drivers. they explain it pretty well ;)!

I have 162 16 2 1/2 3" pitch challenger extreme on my rx1 and it hooks up like crazy , never had wheely problems with my maverick but do now with the extreme and i have 7 t avids but if you can fit 8t with 2 1/2 track they will hold track better and roll easier.Avids will hold up worth the money.

madsledder said:
I have 162 16 2 1/2 3" pitch challenger extreme on my rx1 and it hooks up like crazy , never had wheely problems with my maverick but do now with the extreme and i have 7 t avids but if you can fit 8t with 2 1/2 track they will hold track better and roll easier.Avids will hold up worth the money.

My next combo (next season) definately...

Was it hard to fit a 16" track under the rx1? seems it will be a tight fit.

madsledder said:

This is the setup that I have, it seems to work well, but I have not tried anything larger than this. I guess what I am asking is: Is there a better one?

More track means more traction. Probly wheelie less, but probly harder to manouver in the trees. Just thoughts never been on anything longer than 162

if your going for climbing...screw the fiddle farting around...and just jump to the new big daddy...

174X16x3.0"

ride with a couple of them on Rev's and they are incredible tracks...I ride a little with Robbie Holman from Avid Products (Avid Drivers) and he has an incredible set up...

however, I am pretty happy with my PowerClaw 162

mtdream said:
if your going for climbing...screw the fiddle farting around...and just jump to the new big daddy...

174X16x3.0"

ride with a couple of them on Rev's and they are incredible tracks...I ride a little with Robbie Holman from Avid Products (Avid Drivers) and he has an incredible set up...

however, I am pretty happy with my PowerClaw 162

This is the track I am leaning toward, will I need to go with 7t drivers to get the 3" lugs to fit or will my 8t drivers work?

Back