• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Traded FX Nytro for a 2010 Vector GT LTX

theCATman

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Just as the topic states and WOW!, I am happier than a pig in $hit. This sled is nothing short of awesome. I have a little over 200 miles on it now & have started riding it as normal. Still not pinning it WFO for a long time, but I've had it wide open in short bursts.

Coming fresh off an FX Nytro, the only place I feel ANY lack of power is maybe over 7,500 RPM and that's a big maybe. It pulls soooo hard. Just like the Nytro, but smoother. Very powerfull, but not explosive.

Enough about the engine.... the ride!! This sled rides & handles like a dream. Being a 136" it erases any small chatter & swallows bigger dips with ease. I'm 200 lbs and have only bottomed it out once so far. I have the remote compression damper set at 2 clicks from full soft & the pre-load on the Mono-Shock at the middle setting. So, in other words, VERY soft. Transfer rod is set at 1-1/8". Front GYTR's are set to 3 clicks from full soft compression & 3 clicks from full open on the rebound. Also very soft, with a fast rebound to keeps them skis glued.

It carves like a razor. Minimal to almost non-existant inside ski lift, and a very positive glued to the ground feeling. I do have dually 10" carbides on, which I know is part of the reason for the great turning.

Oh, and my two gas fill-ups so far..... 19.1 & 19.2 MPG. :Rockon:

I have been riding in Dane, Colombia, Green, & Rock counties.
The majority of the trails are good. A few crappy spots, but that's to be expected down here.

I did the same thing, I bought an FX Nytro last year and was not happy with the ride at all.

I just picked up my 2010 Vector GT. I won't get a chance until next weekend to ride, but I think I'm gonna like it.

Have you noticed any excessive track noise / howl at 30-50 mph on the ltx Vector? This was an issue with the 06 Ventures and also others have mentioned track noise on different Yamaha models.

Venture2

venture2 said:
Have you noticed any excessive track noise / howl at 30-50 mph on the ltx Vector? This was an issue with the 06 Ventures and also others have mentioned track noise on different Yamaha models.

Venture2

I can hear track noise, but I personally don't think it's any worse/different than my previous Yamaha 4-strokes.

Fact is.... all sleds make alot of track noise. The reason you don't seem to hear the track noise/howl on a 2-stroke sled is because the engine's exhaust & the track make almost the same sound frequency, therefore giving us the illusion that it's the engine/exhaust making all the racket. When in reality it's the track causing at least 50% of the sound.

Obviously, a 4-stroke engine has a different sound frequency (and usually quieter) allowing us to hear the track rotating over the sound of the exhaust, to a certain point.

theCATman said:
Just as the topic states and WOW!, I am happier than a pig in $hit. This sled is nothing short of awesome. I have a little over 200 miles on it now & have started riding it as normal. Still not pinning it WFO for a long time, but I've had it wide open in short bursts.

Coming fresh off an FX Nytro, the only place I feel ANY lack of power is maybe over 7,500 RPM and that's a big maybe. It pulls soooo hard. Just like the Nytro, but smoother. Very powerfull, but not explosive.

Enough about the engine.... the ride!! This sled rides & handles like a dream. Being a 136" it erases any small chatter & swallows bigger dips with ease. I'm 200 lbs and have only bottomed it out once so far. I have the remote compression damper set at 2 clicks from full soft & the pre-load on the Mono-Shock at the middle setting. So, in other words, VERY soft. Transfer rod is set at 1-1/8". Front GYTR's are set to 3 clicks from full soft compression & 3 clicks from full open on the rebound. Also very soft, with a fast rebound to keeps them skis glued.

It carves like a razor. Minimal to almost non-existant inside ski lift, and a very positive glued to the ground feeling. I do have dually 10" carbides on, which I know is part of the reason for the great turning.

Oh, and my two gas fill-ups so far..... 19.1 & 19.2 MPG. :Rockon:

I get the clickers part but do you mean you let the silver rings loosen up for the rebound part? I was thinking of doing that to mine just like I did with the Apex GT.

'10 vector

catman great to hear you are thrilled with the new ride. I was also considering the jump to that sled. Any chance to run it with a Apex yet? wondering on the perf diff, but with only a few hundered miles you need more time to really tell. where is the mpg at so far?
Regarding track noise, once I changed from the ripsaw all of my noised went away. first track was a predator then a cobra. Just installed a 128" iceripper xt on a '06 rtx, absolutly love it. no more studs to deal with. my other bud installed 144 woodies double backers on his new '09 apex gt and gashed the rear heat exchanger???

It holds right with the apex until about 90-100 then the apex takes it. It is not as much work in the windy trails. The engine sits lower and it handles better than the apex. Kind of the best of both worlds. I think I am going to go with the Ice ripper xt instead of studs on it. Pretty icey conditions and it slips around the corners. I traded in my Apex GT 40th anniversery and I am happy with the trade.

I have been watching the 2010 vector ltx that Port has. 9200 seems like a steal if I had the money. Maxdlx

Back