• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Clutching a 03 Mtn

I just recently bought an 03 rx1 mnt in great shape. I want to set it up for trail riding in low elevation. Everyone I talk to says don't worry about jetting. ?? I have put 30 miles on it and clutch engagement is at 5000 to 6000 and it easily will over rev and only get 60 to 70 mph. I plan on changing other rear suspension components later to free things up. I was turned on to yamahas last year and won't change!! :Rockon:

you need to add weight to the clutch arms in the primary equal to the shortys. rollers must also be changed. spring is o-s-o and is good. gearing must be raised to higher ratio 24-38 should be close with the stock 8 tooth drivers. jetting is fine stock (135mj).

I am a ase certified mech for cars but don't know much about sled stuff. I plan to try to find the parts on net or dealer which ever is cheaper. I want to do it myself. I think a repair manual would do it. would you have any advise and or other tips that i should look into for this sled.

Thanks for your time.

if your going to trail ride it you will need a lower lug track, eg. 1.25, higher lug track will not last on hardpack. the sled also has the narrow ski stance that will make it tippy and less stable. find stock a-arms and shocks in the classifieds from a 121 or 136 model.

I'm running 05 clutching in my sled
8bu-10 /10.3 steel
14.5 rollers
O-S-O
White 70 on secondary.
0-1000 elevation

I run a 1.5 crossover track. I also bought newer yamaha mountain ski's to widen the stance and help with flotation.

You may want to consider going to the extrovert drivers.I went to the 9 tooth ski doo on my 03 mtn.You can run up to a 1.5 track with these drivers.Track can be run way looser without ratcheting,frees up some noticable power,reduces the braking effect.Also corrects your dream-o-meter.

Back