• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer hitch lock.

Actually thats not a bad idea. If you could somehow hide a SPOT GPS unit on your sled somewhere and hardwire it to a battery so that you can get some prolonged life as compared to the 9v in these units basically that is all you would really need. HMMMMM I like the idea Crewchief. Worth looking into. This would be a dual purpose, on your sled for safety and then for security if it gets ripped off.

Someone should look into getting a mod setup to tap off the battery to operate all the time or whenever.

blustar said:
That reminds me of a story of when my cousin visited Italy by bike and his mountain bike was stolen in Rome and the local police took the report and told him to go to the markets as he may find it there. Sure enough, two days later he was walking around in one of the markets and there it was, for sale for 1/4 of what he paid for it. He wasn't able to convince the police that it was his because he didn't have evidence with him of the serial number of the bike. He did take pictures of it and sent it to the insurance agent and they just laughed and processed his claim.

How much were they asking for the trailer ? Was it even a decent price or a blow away price?

I think they were asking around $1200 for it. I would probably have asked 8 or $900 for it.

I am not sure what costs $1200 but I know you can buy SPOT for $99-$149 plus annual subscription of about $49-$99.

I think no one should keep their sleds in the trailer year round. Make room for them in your garage.

When you do have them in your trailer during a trip then back up real close to the building or snowbank when parked.

If insurance won't give me a decent discount for every few hundred dollars of security I buy to keep things from disappearing, then the only thing ima spending my money on is their insurance. Screw it.

Back