• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer hitch

formdog

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder Styx-dx137. 2018 sidewinder stx-dx146. 2001 arctic cat thundercat 144. 2005 king cat 1080 intercooled turbo triple two stroke
has anyone mounted a hitch to a sidewinder mainly for pulling a snow coach

That will be one quick snow coach.

If the Winder rear bumper is half as solid as the Apex you can use this. That's what I used when I had a Snowcoach behind the Vector and Apex.
hitch.jpg

I do remember seeing lots of OEM AC options if you want a nicer looking one.
UniversalSnowmobileHitch_zpse1ad927e.jpg.html

Last edited:
Not needed for a Snowcoach. Especially if he has ski skins. Easy to pull.

Buddy has a AC 1100 and uses something like this no problem.

hitch.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think the concern is the flipper hitch but what it is attached to, that is to say the stock Winder bumper may not be up to the task. Might even do the job for a while but it will fail at the least opportune time and suddenly a good day turns bad.

Are you saying the Winder bumper is thinner then on AC 1100? On the Yam its a tank but my buddy AC had no problem.

Snowcoach is really nice. All the weight is on the skis. Nice suspension so you ride decent speed even in bumps. This is no heavy fiberglass tobogan full of wood.

Thanks for the reply’s everyone think I’m going with the heavy duty bumper with the hitch already attached. But thanks for the replies. I would have to agree with YukonMP if something is going to fail it will happen to me lol thanks again

What I recommend is to make a hole in their round locking pin (comes with the Snowcoach) so you can add a simple hitch pin so you have double the security. For me that's the point of failure were the pin slides out upwards.

Last edited:
Not needed for a Snowcoach. Especially if he has ski skins. Easy to pull.

Buddy has a AC 1100 and uses something like this no problem.

hitch.jpg
That's what I have on my viper, plenty strong in my opinion.

When I destroyed the thin, weak original bumper I had the accessory HD bumper installed and it came with a trailer hitch that bolts in place. It's a sturdy setup and is needed when the accessory seat is used. Keeps the tunnel more rigid.

The factory rear bumper is only good for holding the snow flap in place

Thanks again that bumper didn’t look like it was going to last adding a hitch to it so I ordered the heavy duty one like Cris rose did. Thanks again for all replies

Back