• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Transfer Rod Failure???

LooseCannon

Expert
Just wondering if there is a common cause of failure on the 03 RX transfer rods. Was riding in Newberry this past weekend and managed to snap both rods at the top mount. Definitly hard on the track when they do break. Was able to zip tie to the skid long enough to get back to trailer. I had adjustable nuts on the rod and had lossened them up some for more transfer but I don't think they should just break due to adjustments. Would ice build up or temps cause failures, or could it be just poor quality material used for manufacturing. Also wondering if anyone makes an aftermarket rod. Not just the nuts but the complete rod assembly.
Thanks! ;)!

yamaha had bad batch of rods broke 1 when sled was new buddy 2 less then 100 miles on sleds no problems since with new stock rods 8200 miles

Thumper1000 said:
Hey looseCannon it was good to meet ya at the Pair a Dice inn, hope all went well for ya the next day.

Tumper,

Right on........ that was pretty cool meeting up with another TY guy, always good to put a face with a name. I had minor difficulties the next day with my transfer rods. Managed to snap both rods on my way to Seney. Was lucky enough to have a spare skid back in the trailer and got a ride from some guys with a trailer. Just got done with my local dealer and was able to get the rods updated to the 04's and the track replaced under warranty. Same for you hope all was well the next day.
;)!

Loose cannon,

One of mine broke on my 03 this year. I think it is a known weak spot. I had a 3 year warranty and Yami replaced both rods with the thicker ones and replaced my track. I am sure that the fact that I have a good relationship with my dealer helps, but I would definatley try to get Yami to replace the parts.

Back