• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trouble with my shock rub kit

DoktorC said:
That looks excellent. If nylon is a concern (I doubt it would be) would aluminum be an option?

Aluminum could be an option as well, but I'm not sure how much more durable it would be (if at all) than the nylon? The research continues......and yep I've been to the end of the internet and back already looking at different materials! LOL!

Srxspec said:
DoktorC said:
That looks excellent. If nylon is a concern (I doubt it would be) would aluminum be an option?

Aluminum could be an option as well, but I'm not sure how much more durable it would be (if at all) than the nylon? The research continues......and yep I've been to the end of the internet and back already looking at different materials! LOL!

Allen,
thanks for showing this image...I know this was what we were talking about in our emails...looks very much like it will work better with studs too.

I am wondering,how large is the nylon wheel?...and it looks like 2 bearings per nylon wheel correct?...so would it still be a bolt and 2 nylon wheels and then 4 bearings total?..

it sorta looks like the nylon would be larger then the current bearing kit....if so,the NYLON wheel would RIDE against track all the time,instead of the way the current kit does?..

thanks in advance
dan

Dan, I tried to send you the image via email, but for some reason I couldn't get the stupid picture to attach to my email message.

The nylon wheel is the same outside diameter as the bearing setup was at 40mm or 1.575".

There would be the following parts involved with this setup:

2-Nylon wheels
4-Bearings
4-Shields to help protect the outside seals on each bearing
1-Replacement bolt

Srxspec said:
Dan, I tried to send you the image via email, but for some reason I couldn't get the stupid picture to attach to my email message.

The nylon wheel is the same outside diameter as the bearing setup was at 40mm or 1.575".

There would be the following parts involved with this setup:

2-Nylon wheels
4-Bearings
4-Shields to help protect the outside seals on each bearing
1-Replacement bolt

Hi Allen,

wow,that is a GREAT setup then!..i was worried it might be running fulltime against the track with a larger wheel..but if the nylon wheel is same size then this is amazing...

I noticed with this size wheel that the track actually only sorta flaps against it....if this is true then the longevity of the Nylon wheel should be very good....

I am wondering,how close are you to making some kits up?...I would be very happy to TEST a kit for you...(LOL)....and I would swear to report back to you with results...not in open forum...(hope you get my sense of humour)

very well thought out design!
Dan

Just updating this as I have the information.

I believe the cost of the upgraded kit will be $70. The wheels will be made out of the same grade of material used to make the track drivers on the jackshaft. The kit will include 2-wheels, 4-bearings, 4-seal protectors, 1-new bolt, and 1-small packet of loctite. We are having 5 sets made up for testing yet this season and will uninstall them afterwards and inspect them for any design changes that may be needed. I'll post a picture as soon as I get a chance of one installed.

Back