• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel stiffener

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I want to do some kind of tunnel stiffener on my 2017 btx so I can install a rack and pull a sleigh without worrying if my tunnel will bend. I’m not that crazy about ones that go on the outside of the tunnel so I am thinking about putting one on the inside. I have a plan worked out but I would be loosing 1/8” on the inside of the tunnel on each side. Should I be concerned about the track rubbing on the stiffener. There would be 1/4-3/8”of space between the track and the stiffener on each side. How much sideways movement is there with the track around the top idler wheels on the suspension.

x2. i thought travis at barn of parts one went on the inside of the tunnel.

Yeah I’ve seen the BOP stiffener but I want it a bit longer and stronger. Because everything about this tunnel is flimsy and weak it will be in the form of a 90 degree angle and go the whole length from the existing angled piece, same place the bop one starts, and go right to the end of the tunnel. It will also go all the way to the bottom edge of the tunnel so the bumper will also be riveted to it from the inside. The top flange will be wide enough so that the rack will bolt through the tunnel and through the flange. This should be super strong for cargo and pulling a sleigh.

Back