• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Change

RX1T

Veteran
My schwitzer is toast.
Found a new Garrett T28 AR/60 with 0,86 Turbinehouse at almost the same price as it whould cost to rebuild my schwitzer.

What do you think is better?

Do you have the frontmount version?
Then T28 sounds as a good choise, else i would choose Mitsubishi 16T/19T, same as later kits.

RX1T said:
My schwitzer is toast.
Found a new Garrett T28 AR/60 with 0,86 Turbinehouse at almost the same price as it whould cost to rebuild my schwitzer.

What do you think is better?

That turbo will not spool, you need a 0.64, also becarefull it could be a chineese copy of a Real Garrett, and they are JUNK, mostly found on Ebay.

Yes it´s a frontmount.

Just found out it was a chineese copy. To bad they cant build quality things like their neighbours.

I´ll keep my eyes open for something else.

RX1T said:
Yes it´s a frontmount.

Just found out it was a chineese copy. To bad they cant build quality things like their neighbours.

I´ll keep my eyes open for something else.

I would consider fixing your Mitsu or upgrading to the 19T but stay with Mitsu then it will bolt right up no mods required.

Ted.

But it´s a Schwitzer i got. Mcx frontmount.
Thats why i was looking for a garrett that will fit bolt on.

I agree with Ted, call him and you get up and going in shortest possible time!

So.....
I decided to rebuild my schwitzer last winter, problem was, i never got it back !!
Dont know how it happend, but the guy really screewed me over.
Ended up driving my girlfriends 80hp Phazer instead of 250hp Rx :)

Anyway, i´m going to buy a Garrett turbo now. My friend works at a shop were i can get one for a good price.

So which one is the best for me, right now i´m running 10psi but more in the future.

What about this one...

Garrett T28R, ball bearing turbo.
TURBIN trim 62 ind 53 exd 42 A/R 0,64
KOMPRESSOR trim 60 exd 60 ind 46,5 A/R 0,60

Should i buy??

Yes

The Garrett T28RS with the smaller .64 Ar would be a good choice to 270hp and above 8500 feet then the 2871

Back