• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo comparison ride

onrof

Extreme
Website
www.geocities.com
I have a 2003 Bender stage II Turbo that I always drive on high boost 11 lbs, it's been bullet proof. I ordered up a monoshock for 05 but my brother told me he would buy it so I let him and it's still stock, I'd like to build another for 06 and really want to drive the CPR, anyone going to be at Cadillac fest this weekend? I'll let you try mine...

RXHALLER: If the Bender was quieter, would you like it more than you do.

I really hope they get the quiet exhaust worked out. This thing is too loud when around people and houses.

BigDog05 said:
RXHALLER: If the Bender was quieter, would you like it more than you do.

I really hope they get the quiet exhaust worked out. This thing is too loud when around people and houses.

I Like the loud , the difference is that the cpr has no turbo lag , which makes it more fun .........

ONROF.... Think you are on the right track,,, seek out and fide and talk in person to current owners.... Each system has benefits, and given the number of phone calls i get over the season, they also have their downsides...... If you trail ride, then the benefit - downside issues become larger....

treewhacker said:
I have the Bender on my 03, very little lag. Get them tuned right and they're awsome.

The lag is not a big deal , I would't notice it if I didn't have the other one to compare to .Out in big wide open ares it doesn't matter but trail riding is where it shows up .

I never really notice any lag with my system although I haven't driven anyone elses. Yes the exhaust is way too loud and rings your ears after a hundred miles. No reason to be so loud, Remember the quiet choice option on offshore boats, Now that would work. Just reading these posts get me thinking another system on my next sled would be fun, just wouldn't want to be disappointed.

ONROF.... just saw a ad from firemax, they have a tin foil lined suit on special for $99 that $100OFF ! just thought you might to pick one up if you elect to buy the front mount system.....
just kidddddddinnngggg .... a little humor is good you know...

kip said:
ONROF.... just saw a ad from firemax, they have a tin foil lined suit on special for $99 that $100OFF ! just thought you might to pick one up if you elect to buy the front mount system.....

:tg: :D

kip said:

:drink:

:moon:

come on, I've never heard of a front system being a problem besides a little extra heat under the hood. Be serious. I talked to Jeff today and he offered me a ride. People with both think it has it's advantages. I just want to hear from people that know.

I have the CPR frount mount on mine and would never go back to a rear mount. I don't have a stitch of heat tape ANYWHERE under the hood. I did wrap the header from the heat shield to the turbo and the downpipe from the turbo to the tunnel though. 600 miles without any problems. Wish we had snow to rack up some more! Mike Knapp#17

onrof said:
come on, I've never heard of a front system being a problem besides a little extra heat under the hood. Be serious. I talked to Jeff today and he offered me a ride. People with both think it has it's advantages. I just want to hear from people that know.

There have been a few reports. They don't seem to be talked about a lot.

I have 200 miles on my front mount and yes it gets hot. Not so hot that there is going to be a fire. The down side of the front is that it is more work to install. The upside is less lag.

Back