• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo rx1 sputtering and missing when on boost

rx1 fern

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Hello guys . I am having big issues with my turbo rx1 . I converted it to a midmount setup and did an intercooler mod as Dave from powderlites told me to do and now I’m having all kinds of problem . Dave told me to get rid of restricter plate inside the intercooler for more airflow and I did . Now I can’t get the sled to run right . Once I get on boost the sled falls on its face and sputters and misses . I’m thinking there has to be a way to run the vacuum and plumbing lines differnt now . I would like some advice please and thanks . The sled has filter on the left side and exhaust out the right side . Similar to ted jennetty sled setup. Any help would be appreciated before I light this sled on fire .!

Do you have any pics of your new setup ? When I went to midmount I had to up my main jets because it was so much more efficient. It runs as good on 10 # now as it did on 14# with the turbo above the engine.

Ken.........

Do you have any pics of your new setup ? When I went to midmount I had to up my main jets because it was so much more efficient. It runs as good on 10 # now as it did on 14# with the turbo above the engine.

Ken.........
Thanks for the reply . How did you run your intercooler vacuum lines . I also deleted the plate inside my powderlites intercooler for more flow . I’ll try to post pictures of turbo setup . Thanks for helping. I also jetted it up and still the same . 150 mains in it now . Had 160 in also before the 150 . Not to sure jetting is my issue , but never know . I’m thinking I need to plumb the hoses differnt to intercooler and fpr .

4A9FBA66-5F83-48C8-9374-182F24B0F515.jpeg 51C099A9-5B3E-4227-825E-73EAD68C2AA5.jpeg Pictures

Pictures

Attachments

• A0D8AFD4-F3F2-4D7C-86F1-65F80331D671.jpeg
    A0D8AFD4-F3F2-4D7C-86F1-65F80331D671.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 97B4D79E-AAEE-4855-803A-38DB97B883BE.jpeg
    97B4D79E-AAEE-4855-803A-38DB97B883BE.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 142
I've got a couple of pics.
2pob9lv.jpg

2a66y2t.jpg
What’s the round thing with green hoses for . Also what jetting you running now . I have the billet tees on mine already . Looking for some for another sled . For a friend. Gonna try my plumbing like yours . Mines different.

Hello guys . I am having big issues with my turbo rx1 . I converted it to a midmount setup and did an intercooler mod as Dave from powderlites told me to do and now I’m having all kinds of problem . Dave told me to get rid of restricter plate inside the intercooler for more airflow and I did . Now I can’t get the sled to run right . Once I get on boost the sled falls on its face and sputters and misses . I’m thinking there has to be a way to run the vacuum and plumbing lines differnt now . I would like some advice please and thanks . The sled has filter on the left side and exhaust out the right side . Similar to ted jennetty sled setup. Any help would be appreciated before I light this sled on fire .!
Are you running more boost now? If so, check your plug gap, it needs to be smaller when the boost increases. I had this problem when I added boost on my pickup truck and my buddy has this happen on his 2012 Trubo cat when he added boost. GL

Back