• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tweaked stock xtx clutching

Turk

Tech Advisor
Troops
spent 4 hours doing some clutch testing. I figured I would see what I can do with the stock components & see if I could make em better.
Anyway I got the stock stuff to work real well with some changes

changed rollers from 15.6 to 15mm
added 3 engagement shims
switched helix from a 43 to a 45.
This worked very well & is a cheap mod.
It,s not as quick as any supertorquer stuff I tested but it will hold it,s own & i got really good top speed. rpm,s on top end were 8900...perfect.
good little cheap clutching set up.

The 15 mm rollers really make the sled engage super smooth with no belt slip. shims are optional to raise engagement but if you a slow speed trail rider it comes in low & smooth.

They are yamaha oem parts
Place a wanted add on the 2 stroke side. Should be able to find both for about $75 used.

some input on the low speed riding and engagemant,i replaced the aluminum rivets on the weights with 2.44g steels(a buck each),changed the primary spring from a b-s-b to a b-p-b (16 bucks),and changed the secondary from 70 to 60(freebie),this changed the low speed riding from herky jerky to very smooth,no more burning the belt loading it on the trailer,also dropped my 50mph rpm from 6500 to 5900,saves gas,im turning 8750 on top at 108,seems to be gaining rpm all the time,right now only about 350 miles so might have to change the 2.44g rivets to next step heavier,this setup is running on a rr bed groomed trail at around 600ft elevation so we have pretty good air ,might not work where the elevation is higher

With some slight tweaks the stock clutching pulls great. A helix about 46/42 would take it to the next level.

Back