• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Give-Away Ride - What to expect?

Woody

Lifetime Member
hey all, I've been at TY member forever it seems, but haven't made to an organized TY ride... :o| Anyway, I've been talking to my cousin Scott (Scooter) who had his wife Kathy (personal secretary) on the giveaway ride last year. He and I are thinking of going again if he can schedule his vacation time.

I was wondering what the giveaway ride consited of.. Do we buy raffle tickets to win prizes? Silent auction? Public auctions? Is there a list of the items available?

Also, if I wanted to donate some homemade wine, winemaking DVD, Wine Basket, etc. for the giveaway, what do I need to do?

Cheers, and I hope to see many of you soon,
Joel

Haha....oh Scooter and Kathy!!!! I don't know if I'd admit to knowing them!!!! LOL...jk!!! They are alot of fun!!! I met them at the campout we had up in Braidwood, IL with some of our other TY friends!!! We had a blast!!!

I have never been on the giveaway ride, but I am going this year also!!! I was on my first TY ride last march and it was a blast!!! I'm not sure exactly how the giveaway works, but I don't think you have to buy tickets or anything....someone else will chime in with a definant answer I'm sure!!! Hope to meet you there!!!

Lots of fun!!!!!! Depends on how you ride too and who you go with.
Some go off trail (not many miles). :-o
Some do a mix of on and off trail (more miles). ;)!
Some do a leisure trail ride (descent miles). LaLaLa
And you have some like me that clamp it to the bar and hold on for dear life (lots of miles). :die :-o

I drove out to the give away ride last year. What happened last year is you bought tickets and put them in the basket for the prize you would like to get. I do believe it is TY members I might be wrong. :dunno:

As far as donating you will have to get ahold of Mr Sled.

Woody said:
hey all, I've been at TY member forever it seems, but haven't made to an organized TY ride... :o| Anyway, I've been talking to my cousin Scott (Scooter) who had his wife Kathy (personal secretary) on the giveaway ride last year. He and I are thinking of going again if he can schedule his vacation time.

I was wondering what the giveaway ride consited of.. Do we buy raffle tickets to win prizes? Silent auction? Public auctions? Is there a list of the items available?

Also, if I wanted to donate some homemade wine, winemaking DVD, Wine Basket, etc. for the giveaway, what do I need to do?

Cheers, and I hope to see many of you soon,
Joel

All Items are donated on site or brought up by me!!! :)

I try and contact all the advertisers to donate some nice stuff for everyone... Usually every TY Member gets a ticket and then we open the raffle up to a free for all for buck per ticket after everyone gets a prize.... we nuse the money to pay for all the shipping on the Trivia Shipping...

This year is going to be a little different... ALL VIP will get a free ticket and they will get the 1st picks.... after that it will be open to members and buck per ticket free for all.... I wanted to give all the VIP more for the great commitment to Totallyamaha :Rockon:

Great thinking Tom. If I go, I'll bring homemade wines and a couple of my new WineMaking 101 DVD's..

I hope to see you all then,
Joel

Oh Boy! talking about the giveaway ride already! You should expect to have an awesome time! Just be careful around that Scooter character and watch out for his sexretary, she's a handfull! Hope you can make it, Joel!

I may be looking for a roommate if anyone wants to share the cost of a hotel room for the giveaway. Scott & Kathy just booked their room. Whoo hooo!!!

sleddheadd said:
Oh Boy! talking about the giveaway ride already! You should expect to have an awesome time! Just be careful around that Scooter character and watch out for his sexretary, she's a handfull! Hope you can make it, Joel!

Scooter 1's "sexretary" here...

Now, now, Sleddheadd...careful with the words there!!! Don't make me bring the disco ball with me! LOL

Woody said:
I may be looking for a roommate if anyone wants to share the cost of a hotel room for the giveaway. Scott & Kathy just booked their room. Whoo hooo!!!

Hey Woody, I need to check with RedWarrior for sure, him and I had discussed spliting the hotel room I have booked, but I need to get a defenant answer from him. If he's not sure or backs out, I'll let you know!!!

give away ride

looking forward to the give-away-ride
can't wait to see everyone again.
Hey has anyone seen or heard from captain winky.....
I'm sure he can hard ly wait too.
hope everyone had a merry xmas.

scooter1 said:
Scooter 1's "sexretary" here...

Now, now, Sleddheadd...careful with the words there!!! Don't make me bring the disco ball with me! LOL
YES!!!! Disco ball would be awesome! :beer: Disco Ball+Beer=good times!

4strokelover87 said:
Jilly Pad said:
I am new to the site and will be going on the give away ride in Feb. I have some idea of what to expect and can't wait to go.

Jilly Pad....hmmm....wonder who this is!!! Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think I have a pretty good idea!!! Welcome to the site, Jill!!!

Yes I wonder?????????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Can't wait to go :)

Back