• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ugh, coolant leak on Attak

Austlor

Country
USA
Snowmobile
yes
How screwed am I? Got drips on both sides coming from rear skid brackets. I see a post from 2008 but nothing more. There are a few bolts that attach the brackets and about 20 rivets. Now what?

28826904-7584-4E70-A5C3-25F400E79199.jpeg

I've seen this quite a bit, my observation was leaking due to pitting in the aluminum. Steel and aluminum beside each other don't get along sometimes.

Been there done that. After you repair it get some tunnel stiffeners so it does not happen again.
searched all over, do you remember who makes them? muffinworks is out of business and didn't see any anything Travis has at BOP. Maybe it's time to retire the ole girl and get a new SRX?

Last edited:
Tell you what, get a new one, save the old one, heat and wire brush and seal it all with pc7 epoxy. Ive done 3 oil tank seams, no leaks in 5 years, and last year a stud tore a hole in the heat exchanger on our skandic swt 4 stroke groomer sled. Looked like a nightmare to get that out, so did what I said in the sled. No leaks, holding fine. The trick is to feather out the epoxy with laquer thinner.

Tell you what, get a new one, save the old one, heat and wire brush and seal it all with pc7 epoxy. Ive done 3 oil tank seams, no leaks in 5 years, and last year a stud tore a hole in the heat exchanger on our skandic swt 4 stroke groomer sled. Looked like a nightmare to get that out, so did what I said in the sled. No leaks, holding fine. The trick is to feather out the epoxy with laquer thinner.
once i drill them out, i'll inspect them. if they are just hairline cracks, this may be the way to go. looks like PC7 is available pretty much everywhere. thanks for letting me know about it

Back