• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulitmax xs805 belt ?

ALASKANCOLT45

Lifetime Member
Today I went out for a test ride after just finishing my stage 1 supercharger install. I was running a ulitmax xs805 belt brand new with only about 10 miles on it. Since I was out testing I was testing the supercharger. I was on a flat lake with about 1 1/2 feet of snow. I was doing a nice long slow pull to watch my AFR and when I hit about 7500 rpm and about 7 lbs of boost my belt blew. I'm thinking the cause was either the belt was not broke in or a defect with the belt. I checked the clutch aliment and that was good and so are the engine mounts. Any of you boosted nytros out there having this problem with blowing belts or just think because I did not have it broke in yet. I put my Yamaha belt with about 150 non boosted miles on it and did the same test. Belt held together just fine. And when the belt blew I felt the clutchs and there about 120 degrees is that good or bad?[/i]

My buggy has no power added to it. That being said, I was WFO going across Lake Gogebic and my 805 with about 150 miles on it and it just blew apart. The only thing I have done is 14.5 rollers and a yellow pink yellow spring. I put the 8DN belt back on and didn't have any more problems the rest of the week. I looked at everything when I got home and it all looks new? I just chalked it up to a crap $100 belt!

Yea that is the same setup I have in my clutch. I have the 14.5 rollers and yellow pink yellow spring. The belt come with a 1 year warranty so I'm going to send it in and get another new one and try it with a easy 50 mile break in by my dads non boosted sled then try it in my boosted sled.

The only belt that has ever blown in my sled is that one! cost me a few $ in repairs. I broke the belt in properly and got about 100 miles on it. :die

Now that you have boost, how are you going to ever do an easy 50 miles? LOL

Quick survey of the blown 805 club... I am a big guy (300 lbs in gear) and two of us have clutching in common. When my belt went I had just pulled off of hard ice and into a little snow to cool things down a bit. My thought is the sled is wide open, clutch is fully shifted and with the small rollers it is squeezing the crap out of the belt, and when I pulled off the ice it pulled down the motor a bit, torque came up and clutch didn't back shift. A 8DN will just slip a little but the 805 holds on and can't take it???

Yea the more I look into it I think the Yamaha clutch just have to much belt squeez because the 8DN belt is super hard rubber so it need alot of pressure so it won't slip so when running an xs805 it's soft rubber grabs so much and with high pressed it just over stresses and blows.

What are you boosted Nytros running for reliable belts? I can't decide on witch belt to use. With this last belt blow out it took a chunk out of my side panel and bent up my belt guard. So I really don't want another one blowing. I talk to Tom Hartman today and he said to wash the belt in warm water and mild soap to get rid of the factory lube before putting it on and make sure abuslutly no snow dust gets in the clutches.

I did the the wash and clean process on my belt, still blew, I broke the belt in slowly for the first 30 miles and did not last, I run a Hartman supercharger (MPI) and had to go back to the 8DN. It may slip a little but a least it will get you out the woods.

I have over 700 hard miles on my boosted nytro with a xs belt and no problems. Clutches run nice and cool.

I have blow every xs i ever put on with in a 100 miles( most of the time less). I've done it all, washed it, cleanded the clutch faces, taped off all cracks and holes in panels and the xs still blew every time. Back with the yamie belt and at about 600 miles now. I think if you were to stop after every pull and let the xs cool down it would probably be ok, but at that rate it would take a days to brun a tank of gas. I don't know about you but when i ride i wanna ride not sit around and let my belt cool down. Yamie belt all they way, and there are cheaper than the xs :bling

I have a 2008 Apex motor That I put into my sand car and set it up with the belt spacing of 14 5/8 which is the same as a Skidoo Formula III . Anyways I started out with XS807 belt four years ago in those four years I have blown three belts . The first in 200miles second about 1200 miles third about the same . Whats funny is i check my belt and clutches befor each ride and you can never see any indication of belt falure, When the belt blows I mean it fu#@in disinagrates just pieces of gogs and a lot of kevlar cords . Last summer I was in St Anthony ID I had a year old belt on and it blew. I put a brand new XS 807 on and drove back to camp. Then I changed my weights about 3grams total and put a heavyer spring it my secondary then I was putting the belt back on and noticed five top gogs on my new belt were gone ,the thing had less than 4 miles on it. My spare belt I had was two years old so I went into Rexberg Motor Sports to find a belt . They had a OEM Skidoo belt for a FormIII I put that belt on and it lasted through a week of duning and is still on my buggy.Maybe its just me but the OEM belt seams to be running cooler and my power is better .I just bought a new belt for this year and its a Skidoo belt 1/2 the $ and I think they are a better belt. If I had a Apex Snowmobile I prob would run a Yamaha belt.

Attachments

• IMG_1021 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_1021 (640x427).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 79

Back