• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Bushing Install

tpayner19

Veteran
Ok, I installed the bushings per Ulmers instructions, both flanged heads torwards the front. I seem to have more forward and backward movement in the bolts than I had before. You can see in the picture i can get the tip of a medium flathead between the bolt and the flanged head. It is torqued to spec.

Is this the norm?

Attachments

• IMG_20111201_080644.jpg
    IMG_20111201_080644.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 98

Yes your OK, the A arm bolts come with a shoulder the nut tightens up against, there not suppose to be tight against the bulk head.
Kaz

Kaz said:
Yes your OK, the A arm bolts come with a shoulder the nut tightens up against, there not suppose to be tight against the bulk head.
Kaz

x2
subaru2006

Did anyone that installed these bushings recieve install instructions? Not that I'm a moron (don't ask my wife), but when I installed them everything went well until the last A arm. The last bushing slide in with no issues and not snug at all. The bolt would not fit in the bushing. Contacted Ulmer and they said the bolt shafts were different sizes.

This is NOT in anyway shape or form a shot at Ulmer or anyone associated with them.

Just asking about the install instructions as well as, why would Yamaha install upper and lower bolts that have the same head and nut size but with a different shaft size?

Not sure why they are different but I believe they are. I did however receive install instructions with my kit. Ulmer was also able to help me by phone when I ran into a snag..

Subaru2006

Bottom shafts are larger... they take alot more stress than the top... so they engineered with a larger diameter for added strength... and sometimes these oilights are very..very snug on shaft... I'd take the last shaft out and polish it up with some emery cloth and try and reinstall.

and yes.. i had insturctions come with my order... pretty straight forward.

I ordered mine through Port Yamaha and I did not recieve any instructions, just the bags with the bushings and the ID's on them.

tpayner19 said:
Did anyone that installed these bushings recieve install instructions? Not that I'm a moron (don't ask my wife), but when I installed them everything went well until the last A arm. The last bushing slide in with no issues and not snug at all. The bolt would not fit in the bushing. Contacted Ulmer and they said the bolt shafts were different sizes.

This is NOT in anyway shape or form a shot at Ulmer or anyone associated with them.

Just asking about the install instructions as well as, why would Yamaha install upper and lower bolts that have the same head and nut size but with a different shaft size?
No instructions came with mine,but i got mine from port yamaha,as allen was out of his,and sent me to port,but on each bag,it had what was in there,upper and lower,or inside or outside,somr are differant thickness and length,but so far ours are going good.

Ordered the Ulmer kit and it came with instructions ;)!

Back