• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Racing products are on their way!

MikeWalters

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer
I just paid for my Power Commander III, Phazer Mod Airbox & Ulmer's clutch kit.

We just got a dump of snow last week so I pulled the trigger! I was going to install all of it in the summer, but I thought I'd put the stuff on piece by piece and share my results.

:Rockon: :Rockon:

;)! please post how the clutch kit works out how you like it. I am thinking about getting one myself.

I also want to do some clutch work to my sled. But I'm going to use Schmidt Bros. clutching. It is more money but will be tune for me and the riding I do. I will post back after I due the clutch work and get to ride the sled.

Make sure you guys watch the revs and mph.That tells it all.Before and after.Try finding a consistent long stretch like a big field,river or lake.Ulmer has never disappointed me.I highly recommend his clutch kit and bushings.Never tried Schmidt bros stuff though.

Don't mean to highjack your post. I posted this question in ulmers section but got no awnser. Once I instal the kit how much tuning needs to be done. I have never done anything with clutches other than put in and take off belts lol.

What do you like about his kit?

when i put in my ulmer clutch there was no tuning except on the secondary all i had to do was chang the spring around and put it back on and awy i went.

The feedback I got was for an MTX, go to A1 on the secondary with their clutch kit...if that helps. I plan on testing it in the stock spot and then the A1 spot on the secondary to see the difference...I'll be sure to inform when I know more.

ulmer replied for me to move to a2 in the secondary for my setup.

if your running the stock track, you can just install the clutch kit & leave it alone. i did, with no ill effects.

tell ulmer what track length/lug height, & rider weight you have, then they give you a starting point.

The schmidt bros kit works well, gives you a couple hundred rpm increase in engagement, some low end improvement, but really has a thick torquey sweet spot between 11000- 11700 rpms. Chris now has a helix for the secondary that is supposed to give some top end mph too. Give him a call, he knows his stuff. I've been running his stuff for 2 years and love it.

snomaniac said:
The schmidt bros kit works well, gives you a couple hundred rpm increase in engagement, some low end improvement, but really has a thick torquey sweet spot between 11000- 11700 rpms. Chris now has a helix for the secondary that is supposed to give some top end mph too. Give him a call, he knows his stuff. I've been running his stuff for 2 years and love it.

This is the route I'm going. Can't wait to order it and try it out. I'm getting the Helix along with the primary clutch kit. Think snow everyone.

My parts are still held in Customs. Seriously why hold parts for a snowmobile at Customs.

Aarrgggh.

i have the Umler kit, and it drasticly reduces the engine breaking, i feel much more in control of the machine heading into a corner... i had the kit on my sled for a year and then jumped on my girlfriends phazer, i was going about 30mph standing up and lifted off the throttle... i about fliped over the bars and ran myself over... it was funny... my girl was LHAO... she has the Ulmer kit now..lol

Back