• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

using lots of gas

cameron

Extreme
hi
I have an 2006 rs venture tf. i`m only getting 12 mpg,can anyone tell me what might be wrong. :o|

thanks cameron

Brand new still breaken it in, how do ya use your throttle deep snow possibly?? It all depends on your riding style, and again mite be runnen it really rich./

I have an 05 Rage and it didn't get better than 10 - 12 mpg on the first few tankfuls. Some of the problem was deep snow but I think the 3 cyl is a pretty tight engine and it takes 1000 miles to loosen up.

It may be worth checking the choke, I know I heard of a few sleds that had choke cable out of wack and the choke was not comeing all the way off makeing it burn more that it should, I never had this problem I just remember reading a post about it.

STORM-CHASER said:
It may be worth checking the choke, I know I heard of a few sleds that had choke cable out of wack and the choke was not comeing all the way off makeing it burn more that it should, I never had this problem I just remember reading a post about it.
Yes, something must be wrong. My '05 Venture TF never got any worse then 18mpg brand new, breaking trail in 3 feet of snow. Got as much as 22mpg just cruising around. Talk to your dealer...

me

thanks all i going to book it in with the dealer.I have about 1600 miles on it now and i was getting about 17 to 19 mpg before then all of a sudden it dropped of.

thanks again
cameron :o|

Have your dealer look at your Carbs.

They may need to be synchronized.

It's got to be something mechanical for such a sudden drop in fuel economy. ;)!

Back