• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

valve shim chart?

thefoolsbro

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 arctic cat zr7000
so I am shimming the valves on a 2014 1049, I have found the specs and all 6 exhaust valves need adjusting. my problem is I cannot find the chart
where you have your measurement, current shim size and you go to the intersect and it tells what size the new shim should be. have two different
sizes in it now 185 and 182 the only chart I found has sizes that the smallest is either 230 or 250. thanks for any help.

so I am shimming the valves on a 2014 1049, I have found the specs and all 6 exhaust valves need adjusting. my problem is I cannot find the chart
where you have your measurement, current shim size and you go to the intersect and it tells what size the new shim should be. have two different
sizes in it now 185 and 182 the only chart I found has sizes that the smallest is either 230 or 250. thanks for any help.
That 185 number is 1.85mm
You don't need a chart.
You just need to know what the clearance is supposed to be and the rest is math.

The poster above is spot on. Make it easy, every change of 10 printed on the shim is a change of approx .004”

So if you have a 180 shim and measure .0055, changing to a 170 shim will make you .0095

Also note the typical shim kits move only in increments of 5, but you can buy in 2.5 increments from Yamaha (or even cheaper for the same from Honda).

Last thing to note, I actually found a 181 in my sled new from Yamaha. First I’d seen one that didn’t end in 0,2,5, or 8

thanks for the replys, I did find a chart with the help of a local dealer. we looked it up in a nytro service manual
the viper service manual does not have thin enough shims. the viper manual has shim sizes starting at 2.30,
the nytro chart has shim sizes starting at 1.20

Back