• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector Mtn Riders

AkMtMax

I would like your inmput on how this sled does. I do a little trail riding not much. I love to boondock in deep snow. Would the 07 vector with the 151 be a good choice. Also can it climb hills.

The vector mtn has tipped up rails in the back for better cornering it should do fine for occasional trail riding.

I love it my wife loves it, get the 162" with the mavrick and you will be jumpin for joy.

It is a slower reving engine than the RX/Apex but with a Super charger or Turbo it Rocks. Stock kicks butt too ;)!

If you do a lot of deep snow riding - get the SE with the 162. The rails on it are tipped up as well and it handles like a non-tipped up 151 on the trails.

Power wise the vector is deceiving. It is a quiet motor that just humms along compared to a more 'revvy' apex/rx1 motor.

Hillclimbing is not this sleds strong point in stock form (add boost to change that). It is basically the same weight as an RX/Apex and down 25-30 hp. Check out the issue of Sno West where they did the deep snow challenge and you will see how it does climbing compared to other sleds.

That being said - it gets great fuel mileage/range and in my opinion will prove over time to be the more durable longer lasting motor compared to the Apex/RX. I think turning fewer RPMS and no gear reduction makes this motor more durable - though I put 4200 miles on my Mtn RX1 and 1200 miles on my Apex Mtn without any problems at all.

My parents have Mtn Vectors and have a habit of starting them up and fouling plugs, when they warm them up - I'm pretty sure it has to do with what my dad is doing/not doing with the choke and throttle as he warms up the sleds. Other than changing those plugs all we do is ride the crap out of these 4 stoke mtn sleds and change oil once a year.

Get the 162, with the weigh of these sleds they need the extra length. In stock form it isn't a climbing machine but it is great for boondocking.

I put just under 1000 miles on my O6 Vector Moutain SE last year in 3 months of owning it. I have only had two issues with it. First is hifax wear which is well known but no fix for it. And the second I have had multiple times where I would ride it and it would not go WOT until about an hour into the ride. Then went well the rest of the day. Don't know whether it had to do with bad gas or not?

It is a great powder sled, OK hillclimber, but weighs a ton if you sink it. Be prepared.

Yeah, 162" would be the ticket....I might also gear it down just a tooth or two. It just can't climb steep stuff because of its weight and relatively low power. However, it is a solid motor and is really fun for all around playing and boondocking. Don't touch the gas when you have the choke on, that will foul plugs.

Hyperfax and ice scratchers will fix the hyfax issue. I also added an extra set of wheels just before the turn-up at the rear of the rails. That is where I wore through the first set of rails on a 70 mile ride.

Thanks for all the imput fellas But i went and got the 07 600 rmk should be a blast. nice and lite time to retire the old mm 700 i hate to get rid of that sled she was a great sled still is but she's gotta go anyone intrested in buying in pm me

Back