• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector runs out of fuel @ WOT

Having a simular issue with a 07 Viking Professional. Unit empties the bowls on the carbs when loaded and going up hill. Have heard this happens with the vikings at other ski resorts. Has anyone thought about putting a low pressure high volume electric fuel pump on these. Have gone through the filters in the tank. and have replaced the fuel lines outside the tank to the pumps. Will test the two small vacuum lines from the carbs to the pumps. We have new pumps on order from another mechanic. Don't think thats the issue yet.

I changed the fuel filters this evening. That was easy, about 15 minutes to change both. Old filters looked ok. Vacuum lines and fuel lines looked good. So I pulled the carbs again and removes the float assemblies. The needle valves looked great. Two of the floats were out of spec so I adjusted them. They were 1-2mm too high @ 17-18mm. They are all even now at 16mm or close to it. We shall see how it runs now.

I looked at the fich today for the 2 filters that are supposed to be in the gas tank & it does not show them. Where is there a picture of them.

Notice my poor man's hose clamp made from SS safety wire...

Attachments

• IMG_1745.JPG
    IMG_1745.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 104
Injected system would likely mean an internal tank fuel pump and thus a sock filter on the pump. Not sure. But as I work on Yamaha more and more my thoughts are that you might just be correct. :4STroke:

There is indeed a fine mesh screen under the float valves. They are barely visible.
Did you take pictures of the screens by chance? You have the 973cc carb Vector, correct?

Also, what year is your sled and how many miles when the fuel pumps went bad? I'm just making mental notes for my 2008 Vector. It has 9000 miles so far.

Last edited:
Did you take pictures of the screens by chance? You have the 973cc carb Vector, correct?

Also, what year is your sled and how many miles when the fuel pumps went bad? I'm just making mental notes for my 2008 Vector. It has 9000 miles so far.
I took no pictures. My sled had close to 10,000 miles on it before I experienced the problem. 2008 Vector with the carbed 973. I wonder if storing with Seafoam contributed to the problem.

Back