• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector vs. f?

FugRWE

Veteran
Me and a buddy were clowning around on Turkey Pond in NH. There was a guy there on an orange fcat with no stickers. He asked if we wanted to race. My buddy has a good running mxz800 and me a Vector. We lined em up and the f got me out of the hole by about 3 lengths. Ive never seen one jump out of the hole like this one. but by the end of the strip wich was about 1/4 of a mile I was either ahead by a sled length or dead even with him. So we ran about 4 or 5 times same thing every time. he gets the holeshot we real him in. So the whole time im thinking that its a 6oo. I pulled up next to him and ask if its a 6 or a 7. He said it was a 7. He then looks at me and says thats a 1000 right? I said yeah but its the smaller one its only 120 horse. He looked a lil confused and just nodded his head. He said his sled was stock with only the can. Anyway that fella made my day. Oh BTW on the last run I hooked up good and never saw either of the sleds. So I was thinking last nite. The Vector is an over achiever. BTW the conditions werent really great for racing. The strip had alot of loose snow on it and the temps were warm. not sure if this helped me or not.

I have both an RX-1 and a Vector, and the difference between them in acceleration is not much. I would say that the Vector should be able to hang with an F7 in my opinion. I would have thought that the F7 would slowly walk away on top though.

Thats what I thought to. That is what every other f7 i have raced has done. This guy said it was stock but I think he was set up for a 660 race or maybe 1000. I think he had done some clutching/gearing. Or maybe it was the conditions.

The four strokrs run well in warm cond's. I ran a XC 700 yesterday 45 degrese out and was abel to pass him after he took off before i was ready. I was still able to pull 100MPH on speedo in these temp's and very wet snow. kviper

Back