• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector windshield bag.

stinx

Expert
I ordered the Yamaha windshield bag for my wifes Vector ER. The catolog says it will fit the RX and Rs sleds. Tonight I was going to put it on, but when I test fit it, it looked awful. The bag seems to be to wide and long. Has anybody else noticed this?

Picking up mine from the dealer on Saturday along with my mirror kit.

Will let you know once I get it home.

last year with my warrior i to put on a windsheild bag without taking off windsheild, it looked terrible .but then i took off windsheild and stuck the velcro down as far as possible and it looked good no more hanging way out and over the speedo/tach....try this i hope it helps. made a big diff here.

I went with the handle bar bag and really like it.. It's so darn handy. Plus it has a map fold down pocket. Not having storage in the rear it now holds my bottle of water and fisrt-aid kit and maps.. Oh, and my GPS when I want to look at my real world speed. MM. LaLaLa ;)!

MadMax,

"I went with the handle bar bag and really like it.. It's so darn handy. Plus it has a map fold down pocket."

What bag did you go with? Where did you get it? How big is the map pocket? It sounds Like something I have been looking for...

Thanks.

Katahdin Gear.. The pocket must be 7 or 8" wide. Must be 10" long or so when folded down. There is a picture of it on one of these threads.. Look under the vector site. "I" think??? :ORC It shows three pictures. I was showing the guys my red vents/wheels/edge grippers. Sorry I can remember the exacted thread name. :o| Let me know if you can't find it. I can always have my wife post it again. "SHE" is the computer wiz in the family.MM. ;)!

I also got that windshield bag when i picked up my sled....
I was wondering if there was a better way than just sitting the bag in there cause that looked like it wasn't going to work very well. I will try taking the windshield off.....was wondering about that...and it sounds like a good option. ;)!

Today I changed to a low windshiled on my wifes Vector ER. While I had the windshiled off I attempted to mount the windshiled bag. The bag still does not fit right ,its still to wide.I double checked the numbers and its the right one. I am going to return the bag. To me it just looks to half assed to use on a new sled. The same bag set up works great on my warrior.

Look at the "Rage Windshield" thread.

There is info there on installing the Windshield bag.

I just put one on my Vector and it fits well. Taking the Windshield off is a must.

Here is a picture of mine on my sled.

Back