• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vent tube/ cold starting

RedFisher

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX Warrior
2010 Apex LTX GT
I'm still having an issue with poor cold starting on my 2004 RX Warrior. Some posts on forums recommend to try 'blocking one air vent and blowing in the other to get fuel into the carbs'. Can someone provide a little more info on this process and where to find these tubes?

pic in above thread shows on apex but should be same as rx sled.

pic in above thread shows on apex but should be same as rx sled.
So just confirming, the tube may be close to where my feet are positioned? And there is 2 - one on each side? The procedure I read about mentions blocking one tube and blowing in the other.

probably but idk as i have never had to do this as i start my sleds every 30 days or so, so they keep their prime better.

So just confirming, the tube may be close to where my feet are positioned? And there is 2 - one on each side? The procedure I read about mentions blocking one tube and blowing in the other.
No, there is not one on each side as there is only one vent tube from the gas tank and it plugs into that T shown in the picture in the link maim posted. What I do is 1.) remove the vent tube from that 'T' (do not remove any other tubes from the gas tank) and 2.) ensure gas tank lid is screwed on tight and then 3.) blow into the vent tube hose. Doing so will pressurize the gas tank and prime the carbs.

As you're blowing into the tube, try to maintain the pressure you built up in the tank while you crank over sled.

Back