• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture 05-07 Boot & Rail Traction Product

Tippylake

;)! I cannot seem to find in the Yamaha accessory catalog traction products specified for the Venture 05-07 models. The machine does not have very good feet /rail stock traction and I need to do something to it. I have a 06 Attack and it came stock with nice traction. Has anybody done anything to help with the traction or have I missed it in the Yamaha catalog. I plan on trying some bushwacking with it and know this will be an issue. Thanks

I'm not sure if you're in the States, but I'm pretty sure the CDN catalogue doesn't include studs - I'm assuming that's what you're referring to by 'traction products"?

Depending on what side of the boarder you're on, the prices and best places to buy vary. Rich Motorsports (a preferred vendor on this site seems to have good US prices and advisce, you may want to contact him).

I hightly recommend anything made by Woody's....Signature Series are a good choice (what I run) and some prefer the Gold Diggers.

I think the RS Venture comes with a stock 1.25" Ripsaw....If that's correct, go with a 1.325" Stud...gives enough penetration and shouldn't hit your tunnel...Make sure the Venture also came stock with the aluminum tunnel protectors (I don't think they do)...If not, you'll need to buy them as well (use the model specific Yamaha ones). Good Luck. ;)!

Oh - and welcome to the site..... :welc: :rocks: :4STroke:

You might also want to do a search for 'studs' under the RS General forum...I'm sure this has been cover 8 or 9 hundred times, by guys that actually have Ventures... :Rockon:

Tippylake said:
;)! I cannot seem to find in the Yamaha accessory catalog traction products specified for the Venture 05-07 models. The machine does not have very good feet /rail stock traction and I need to do something to it. I have a 06 Attack and it came stock with nice traction. Has anybody done anything to help with the traction or have I missed it in the Yamaha catalog. I plan on trying some bushwacking with it and know this will be an issue. Thanks
What do you mean by "traction"?

;)! No not track traction I am talking about running board traction for stand up riding when boondocking. I live in Indiana and have puchased some items from Rich in the past, great guy to work with. I could not figure out on the Yamaha catalog what they were selling for Venture running board traction. Are you guys adding anything for that lack off stock traction on this model.

Back