• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture -06 high frequency scream from engine.

Matfarsan

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture RS
Just bought a 2006 Venture RS and was on the first ride today.
The engine feels great when riding but when we stands still it sometimes make these screaming sound.
What can this be and how to fix it?

Can't see your youtube video but are you talking about the belt squealing in the primary, you may need to adjust your secondary clutch for proper belt deflection.

Sure sounds like it could be a bearing but others with more experience are bound to respond. We'd be on the fifth page of this thread by now if it was a Sidewinder. I love those guys ... they help pass the long dark Yukon winter.

Kinda sounds like a whistling noise from a vacuum leak to me.

Would that cause a sound when the machine stand still?
And how does it sounds?
It could. If it is not that, then I have no idea what it could be. I have changed this bearing on a few of these triples with miles and age. What is the mileage?

Actually, there is one other to check that I forgot about. The belt may be too tight because the bolts in the secondary that control belt height may be worn. Take the belt off and see if it stills squeals.

That's a vacuum leak.

Spray aerosol carb cleaner around all lines while it's running. You'll find it.

did you try it with belt off?

Back