• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

venture lite vs. RS venture

wildmann

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 viper rtx-dx
11 venture gt
09 vector ltx gt
05 vector
anybody out there have any comments on the venture lite? I'am looking for a new sled for the wife, she currently has a 2001 venture 500 . We need a 2-up and I'm considering this and the RS venture. thanks

I have around 2600 miles on my 07 v lite.

Excellent ergos, very good fuel economy, loads of cargo space.
Great touring sled. Not too bad off trail, other than a little tippy and extremely heavy (especially with the snow and ice build up in the tunnel).
The 4 stroke will take some getting used to. It's a totally different ride than the 2 strokes.

If you're riding mainly groomed trails, this is a very comfortable warm ride.

I have no experience with the rs venture, but the ergos certainly cannot be on par with the v lite.

V-lite

I have an 08' w/500 miles of saddle time. I have to agree with OST. The ergos are not on par with the RS Venture. The seating position is extremly comfortable. Doesn't have a two-up feel when cruising down a trail. With a large cargo rack and a windshield bag the v-lite is not short on storage.

The Venture Lite is smaller sled than the RS Venture, so its a little bit easier to throw around than the RS is.
However, the Lite is more tippy and requires a more active rider (you need to actually lean in the corners) wheras on the RS you could pretty much just sit in the middle of the seat all day long and not really have to throw your weight around in the corners.
IMO, its really more a matter of personal preference. There really is no, "best" in this instance.

Bakemono said:
The Venture Lite is smaller sled than the RS Venture, so its a little bit easier to throw around than the RS is.
However, the Lite is more tippy and requires a more active rider (you need to actually lean in the corners) wheras on the RS you could pretty much just sit in the middle of the seat all day long and not really have to throw your weight around in the corners.
IMO, its really more a matter of personal preference. There really is no, "best" in this instance.

So true ... depends on what you want in a sled.

The v lite is supposedly 40 pounds lighter, but my sled accumulates at least 40 pounds of snow and ice in the tunnel with the exhaust melt.

The RS Venture will probably get a little better gas mileage.

just put 150 miles on my 08 Vent lite this weekend, and was thrilled. This was my first 2-up purchase after many years of going solo, so I was a little hesitant to say the least...we received 2.5' of new snow and had to break trail for the first 10 miles and the sled performend very well. It did take some body language to get it floating in the right direction, but the sled did much better in the powder (ok...this is massachusetts, so 2.5' is alot of powder you mountain guys) than I expected. Once on the groomed trails it handled better than any 2-up I've ridden, especially over the woops. It's not the most protected ride, and this thing builds up snow/ice everywhere, but it boils up to what you want to do. All day long on 10' wide groomed flat trails at -10...maybe not the best. Breaking trail, banging some trails (but not too hard) 2-up touring with some gear (actually there's alot of rack/gear space) and general utility work...great sled. BTW...this 4-stroke thing takes a little getting used to. It's alot more different than I thought it would be.

Pogo

well, I concur. i have just past the 500klm mark on 07 VT lite (Bought at the end of last year). I'm very happy so far. Traded in was a 02 Venture 600.
Trade-1.jpg
New-1.jpg

The Trade & The New (in Stealth Mode)

I also just sold my(Solo machine) an 03 MXZX800, both those machines had "Snap" . The Lite does...not, but it has a lot of other great qualities.
First thing to do is replace the stock carbides (how they call those carbides is a crime) I went with double ATS runners and no more darting. But it has cut back on my top speed as they drag more.

carbides.jpg

The Venture Lite is a tad 'tippy', not for high speed cornering. But man is it comfortable...and smooth. And did i mention how great it sounds?
Well worth the coin.

wildmann said:
anybody out there have any comments on the venture lite? I'am looking for a new sled for the wife, she currently has a 2001 venture 500 . We need a 2-up and I'm considering this and the RS venture. thanks
Can't speak to the RS Venture, but I had a couple of Venture 500's and now I have a Venture Lite. The VL is MUCH better for my back than the old Venture. I love the ergonomics - and the 4 stroke motor. Had it out today with the Phazer. fun fun fun

groomer.jpg

venture lite

:4STroke: I don't think you can go wrong with the Venture lite platform. it is a very versatile sled. I have 800km on a Canadian version called a Multi-Purpose. I tricked it out with a 16" x 159" x 2" Challenger track, lowered the gearing, shortened up the limiter straps, backed the front torsion bar off to it's softest setting, put on 9" ski skins and cleaned up the rear deck. It is now a very light, nimble, sure-footed two up ride. I ride it mainly in natural unbroken snow and it performs very well.

Attachments

• longtracked rear 2,2.jpg
    longtracked rear 2,2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 652
OST said:
... Not too bad off trail, other than a little tippy and extremely heavy (especially with the snow and ice build up in the tunnel). ...
I can now vouch for exactly how tippy and heavy they are... ;)

tipped.jpg

I was riding alone this morning and all I can say is Thank God I had the Warn sno-winch - which did the job - but is now not working properly....

I can also share that if you dump the Venture Lite as displayed above and leave it that way while you bust a nut trying to lift it - dig it out - then get a winch setup - you'll lose a couple of quarts of oil that'll dump into your air filter and all over the sled...

Glad I was 100yds away from a shop that opened later and had some oil and could clean my filter - and supplied rags for me to try to wipe most of the remaining oil off the sled...

fun fun fun

How is the power on the lite compare to the old venture xl, 500, and 600?

Attachments

• t_dsc03909_160.jpg
    t_dsc03909_160.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 159
  • t_dsc03909_160.jpg
    t_dsc03909_160.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 162
  • t_dsc03908_814.jpg
    t_dsc03908_814.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 174
donmac said:
OST said:
... Not too bad off trail, other than a little tippy and extremely heavy (especially with the snow and ice build up in the tunnel). ...
I can now vouch for exactly how tippy and heavy they are... ;)

tipped.jpg

I was riding alone this morning and all I can say is Thank God I had the Warn sno-winch - which did the job - but is now not working properly....

I can also share that if you dump the Venture Lite as displayed above and leave it that way while you bust a nut trying to lift it - dig it out - then get a winch setup - you'll lose a couple of quarts of oil that'll dump into your air filter and all over the sled...

Glad I was 100yds away from a shop that opened later and had some oil and could clean my filter - and supplied rags for me to try to wipe most of the remaining oil off the sled...

fun fun fun

That is what I love about this site. Someone has questions on weight or tippyness (i dont think that is even a work) and sure enough donmac goes right out and does the field testing for us. ;)!

Got rid of my flying machine and bought a Venture Lite a couple of months ago. Wanted a trail machine with some rack space. I'm a old guy. Never ridden before. Got 200 miles on the new machine and like it a lot, but don't have anything to compare it to. Removed the rear seat to save weight because of the ice buildup in the tunnel (bad,bad,bad). Feel I have to thaw it out after every ride. Rode yesterday mostly trail but got into four feet of snow with the pop two feet light dry stuff pushing my limits and that of the machine too. Tipped over and got stuck a couple of times. Had help but had the old problem with shifting and couldn't rock it to help the servo engage the gears. Heavy ol' thing when stuck! Radiator iced over a couple of times in the soft stuff and the battery gets covered with ice but the thing amazes me. It never misses a beat and never a warning light. Saw a top speed of 73 mph on a packed trail one time. Thinking of sticking to the trail from now on.

Wish we Venture Lite owners had our own section. ;)!

I've ridden them both, the Venture Lite is an easy sled to handle, not much more effort than the Phazer. It has a fat cushy seat and a lot of wind protection. I almost bought one for my wife but opted for the Phazer GT.

The Venture is like a Tank in comparison. It's probably a good sled if you planning on riding 2 up most the time and taking long saddlebag trips, but it will be very tiring for a average wife to handle. A friend I've mine bought one for his wife for trail riding. The plan was for her to ride with one of their boys. Didn't work, the sled is for sale.

Back