• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite

WANN4STROKE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Viking
2006 ApxMtn-sold
2001 MtnMax-sold
1998 VMAX 500-totalled
Buddy is thinking about buying one for his boys. Used for trail riding and hauling light loads. Our dealer says that the Canadiuan version is coming to Alaska nest year. Differences? Pros or cons?

Thxs.

David :yam:

Not sure what a Canadian version would be but if he's talking about the Venture Multi-Purpose, it is currently only available in Canada and Europe. It has a 16"wide track (vs. 15" on the Lite), wide 7" VK skis (vs. 6") and is geared lower for torque rather than speed. It also has a big front bumper and a tow hitch. The other only other difference is that it doesn't have mirrors but you could always ask the dealer to throw them in during the negotiations since the mounts are a little pricey. My '07 didn't come with a rear seat but now they do come standard and it can be removed if you need extra cargo space.

It is a great machine but is on the tippy side so it's not for carving corners. Has great floatation but those skis are not the best to steer with on the trails. A good set of Slydog PowderHounds will make a big difference. It is also quite heavy but will float well with just one rider but with a passenger you could sink it. Very well suited for what your friend is looking for.

I'd recommend the MP over the Lite as it is a lot more sled for basically the same amount of money.

Here's a link to Yamaha Canada. For some reason, I can`t post a direct link (my entire post goes blank?!?). Just go to multi purpose sleds and you'll find the VMP there.
http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/index.php?group=S

How old are the boys? These are big machines and may not be suited for smaller drivers. One thing he should keep in mind for your cold climate is the icing issue as documented on here and can be a real pain if not addressed for colder areas like Alaska. BTW, don't shy away from the VL if that is all you can get, it is quite capable of pulling fire wood, logs, etc with its torquey engine - it was a big plus for me when I started using it when my 550 2-stroke broke down. It is a good trail sled with the skis as Mooseman noted makes it fun to drive.
all the best,

Back