• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper or Vector

1tp

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper R-TX LE Clutched and Canned
2014 Viper L-TX SE Clutched
Need to get a new sled for the wife. What should it be Vector or Viper. She will be using it for groomed trail riding only. I know how the Viper handles but I've never had the chance to ride a Vector.

Thanks

1tp said:
Need to get a new sled for the wife. What should it be Vector or Viper. She will be using it for groomed trail riding only. I know how the Viper handles but I've never had the chance to ride a Vector.

Thanks

Vector only because it comes with EPS and the Viper doesn't. When the snow is soft and mushy and she can turn the sled with ease, she will thank you (maybe a little more than just a thank you? ) ;)!

Have both. Vector for a couple reasons. While the viper steers fairly easy with tuner skis the Eps is so nice. No feedback from little studders. Also the vector is very well suited for standing by shorter riders. Wouldn't give up my viper but love my vector. And my wife and mom have over 3000 miles on it.

If she is a sit down rider, get the Vector. With EPS on the Vector, you wouldn't notice the weight difference, unless of course you have to get her unstuck sometime.

I bought the Viper for the girlfriend and her past sleds were Nytro (she hated it) and boosted Phazer. She says the Viper is a lot easier to ride than the Phazer. Her only complaint is me riding her sled too much.................

We bought my wife a new Vector a couple years ago at the same time I bought the Cat Procross chassis. She liked the Vector until she ride my sled. She insisted she would like the lower seating position which is why I went with the Vector. Once she actually rode the higher seating position on the Cat, she realized how much more comfortable it was along with better handling. Sold the Vector after one season and now she is on this chassis in a 137 and loves it.

1tp said:

Thanks

My wife has been riding a Vector for a few years now and it's a great sled and is pretty fast, but only good if your wife is a sit down rider. The Vector is not really made to stand or ditch bang. For reliability for sure the Vector!! Besides oil changes I have put zero money in her Vector. No power steering and has around 7000 miles. She really likes it, and does not want to sell it. But she rides off trail and we go out west and she needs a more nimble sled. Now for sure you don't want your wife to get stuck! Cause it's heavy. But for trail riding who cares. My wife has gotten it stuck one time and that was in the Big Horns.

With the power steering and reliability, I would go with the Vector. Unless she is more aggressive. One belt and 7000 miles never changed since new. I forgot I did do one thing to it we put a set of hand warmers cause one stopped working.

My wife gave up riding because of poor riding position, difficult to stand, etc.

Tried to talk her into a new Viper and she said no way so I bought one for myself. One month she was hazed into a ride by her girlfriends and while we were out I asked her to just try the Viper, 12 miles later she was smiling so broadly you couldn't wipe it off with a 2 by 4.

She now has 700+ miles since Valentines day and pushes me to go riding any time we can get to the trails.

My wife would say Viper she loves her LTX base model!!

Thanks for the comments gang.

1tp said:
Thanks for the comments gang.

No worries!! Just want to help your wife the best sled, for her riding style!! Cause when she is happy your happy!! :-o

Yea until the snow gets soft and mushy and she can't turn the thing after riding for hours in the twisty's.

Go ahead.....get her a Viper.

Back