• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper RPS Microswitch Bypass

Shattered

Extreme
I'm new to the Viper and wanted to know if you can bypass the RPS microswitch in the throttle block.

I want to go to a billet throttle or maybe a finger throttle, and there's no accommodation for the microswitch in most of them. I could easily leave the red/green and green/yellow wires disconnected, but not sure if the ECU needs to see that circuit completed in order for it to operate correctly once you're up and running.

I just don't like the bulky handlebar controls on the Viper. I've already moved the lights and grip warmers down to the dash, so no left side controls anymore.

I have a tether, so safety isn't an issue. And I got in the habit of grabbing brake and being ready to turn the key off when I start a sled ever since I saw a friend turn the key on his new Phazer after a rollover, and have it take off without him at full throttle (and it had the TORS and throttle microswitch in place and hooked up, but the safety features failed) about 15 years ago. Needed a helicopter to recover that sled. That and repairing the sled got expensive.

It may not be worth messing around with, and since we're done with snow for another five months or so, I can't disconnect it an see what happens. So I thought some of you may have some insight into this.

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Back